586,111 active members*
3,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Vm1 starting Gcode

I have a Hurco VM1 that I have used strictly for the conversational programming and I have very little knowledge of G code. I am trying to get a G code program to start and am having trouble. I go to the % sign at the beginning with no clue how to start the program or tool or part setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you trying to program in HNC or ISNC? I have a manual I sell and offer one year of phone support with it. Intro and Advance manual together are $70.00 USD. pay pay or credit card. This will answer alot of the questions you will ask. An example of a loop program is in the manual that you can use the header and all g codes are listed. Send me your email to the address below [email protected] and I will send you a sample page of it. It is the tool length offset page for conversational but it lets you know the ease of use. Let me know if I can help. I also do on site training and ball bar testing.

Maybe some of the stuff on this site will help you.
    http://hurconotes.com/

to run g codes you have to set the control in the isnc mode it is in one of the machine parameter pages
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Hurco uses Hnc and the option you can purchase is ISNC

You need to know Isnc is an option you can buy from Hurco. Other wise you can not select ISNC. All machines come with conversational and HNC. Slight differences between Hurco NC and ISNC. Fore example the biggest is inch and metric g code. One is G20 and G21 and the other is G70 and G71. Some are programming differences. I think one is in icremental and the other is absolute. See what options the machine has. Then know what you have to use ISNC or HNC. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    You need to know Isnc is an option you can buy from Hurco. Other wise you can not select ISNC. All machines come with conversational and HNC. Slight differences between Hurco NC and ISNC. Fore example the biggest is inch and metric g code. One is G20 and G21 and the other is G70 and G71. Some are programming differences. I think one is in icremental and the other is absolute. See what options the machine has. Then know what you have to use ISNC or HNC. Hope this helps.
    i was not aware isnc is an option, the ones we bought came with it as part of the package
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Either your dealer screwed up or they were running a special. If I remember right it is like $1000.00 to $1500.00 I think. I was the Senior Application Engineer there at one time Hurco U.S. in Indianapolis. If you got it for free and are sure of it dont say anything to the dealer or Hurco. Check the disks in the back of the machine and the paper work. If you got it for free you are the first one I know of.