586,636 active members*
3,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > circular interpolation

circular interpolation

I am haveing trouble with curves. All seems good in dcam but after post my machine scrambles them. Here's some samples, the text runs fine so does the BOC symbol, but the flames are all over th map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,
    What is your machine controller? If you are using Mach3 you might check the settings on the Config tab, and General Config, and in the Startup Modals section the IJ Mode can be set to either Absolute or Incremental. Try using the other setting if the display of the file is not good when loaded into Mach3. It is easy to put it back if it doesn't help.
    Also make sure that both Dolphin Partmaster programs are set up with the same units or measure you are working with(inches or metric)There are several settings to check so make sure they are all set the same.
    Regards,
    Wes

circular interpolation

Hi Wes Im Running CNC Masters controler which is a bit glichy but It runs most things well. This problem came up after I started using my dolphin supplied post. I think its a polyline polyspline issue. I have created more files to test today.

still no luck

I have tried the goround command instead of contouring with slightly better results.seems like g02 and g03 get scrambled when the work gets small and tight,then it loses track of location and cuts the next contour out of place. I'll try slowing down the feed as well. I got to playing with ramping and got some cool cuts this could be fun,to bad there's no ramp up command I have to split the contours and come in from either end.

Hello,
    See if you can find the settings for arcs/circles in your controller and make sure it is set to use Absolute for IJ modes. I think I read a post from the person who supplied post processor code to Dolphin stating that he used ABSOLUTE Arcs for the IJ mode in his posts.
    Regards,
    Wes

Hi,
    I just looked at the flames2text.txt file and unless I am not seeing it all right there are several Z moves to -.50" at the beginning which appear to be too deep compared to the following depths of .062" ?? I could probably take the files and see if they load in my Mach3 controller with a similar efffect to what you mention on the display of the controller.
    Regards,
    Wes

Hi Wes thanks for the help. The -0.5 is my sloppy editing not the post. and I found a ij absolute word command for my controler which is supposed to override the relative IJ G02 and G03 commands.I'll try this tomorow. I tried to find a setting then tried the manual not a man thing to do but I was desperate.

I hope you are able to get it running correctly. I had a similar problem with my controller and the Dolphin posts and it was interesting how a simple tick mark in the wrong place would end up looking like garbage on the display. Good luck tomorrow!
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

my fault

Well that had no effect so I went over the cad file and cleaned it up there was a mess of points left over from past edits and loops at the tips of the flames were I was having the problems.Sloppy + lazy = more work

I'm glad you figured it out. I do most of my drawing and cleaning up in Autocad and I notice when I re-import back to Dolphin I sometimes have to do a little more cleaning up. Often some of the same things I just finished fixing somehow get jacked again when they are imported, so I usually look things over good when imported to make sure it's still good. Good to hear you got to the bottom of it.
    Regards,
    Wes