586,062 active members*
4,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam Art & Dell Graphics Card

Mastercam Art & Dell Graphics Card

I am a newbie to using Mastercam. Approx 2 months ago I purchased Mastercam Level 1 Router with Mastercam ART. I also purchased a new Dell Precision 390 with a 256 mb ATI FireGL V7200, Dual DVI or Dual VGA or DVI+VGA video card. The computer also has 160 gb hard drive and 2 gb memory. Recently I have encountered a problem with Mastercam shutting down upon opening a file that has a simple borders and planes recently constructed. My Mastercam Dealer this instability is caused by the ATI card. Has anyone encountered a similiar problem and if so have you found any fixes that work?

Thank you,

FFAMN

ati cards

we have a vizio laptop at the shop and it came with a ati card in it. when we installed mastercam on the system I had some problems with the zoom and auto snap functions within mcam. The only fix we found was playing with the display settings. try slowing down your hardware acceleration by 50%.
    hope this is some help to you.

Brian . . . . .Thank you

Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I appreciate and will try your suggestion. If it works I will let you know.

Again, thank you.

Steve Fuchs
    FFAMN

Being that it is the high end File GL this should not be an issue.
    but try opening Mastercam and the go into the config and Screen and check the box for turning Disable hardware acceleration.review picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails disable.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .