586,077 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb G-code to zero counter?

I am very new to this and fortunatly my needs are small and I have been able to accomplish what I need to with Xylotex controller boards and a cheap program called QuickStep. (I also use Deskcnc, but for this machine I want to keep it simple) Im looking for a way to automaticly reset my X axis counter to zero on completion of the program. My X axis is set up as a rotory axis and I have settings configured so that the counter reads in degrees. With a new workpiece, it starts at 0 deg and when it is finished it is at 360 deg. If I dont manually reset counter to 0 by clicking with the mouse before runing the program again, the axis physically "rewinds" back to zero to start cutting the next part and this ruins my part. Everything else works, Im just trying to eliminate the need to reset to 0 every time by clicking a mouse. If anyone has an idea or how I may reconfigure to accomplish my task in a more "traditional" manner please let me know.

Ed in Florida

G92X0 ? Don't know whether that would work on a rotary axis or not. Seems it would, since it just sets the current position to the specified value.

G52x0y0z0a0?

Be careful with G92's, if you don't back out of them correctly, you could be in for an un-expected (and not entirely welcome) suprise.

G92.... I wonder if my very simple program would recognize that code. Ill give it a try and let you know.