586,106 active members*
3,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > sw 08 phone mold tutorial

sw 08 phone mold tutorial

I thought I was doing pretty well on learning this tutorial, when I got to the tooling split something happened. If I try to change views my computer will stop working, I opened up the task manager and the cpu usage maxs out for a couple minutes everytime I try to move the part around. I've opened up files that are three times larger and I can move these around fine. Whats happening?

Quote Originally Posted by hoidahl View Post
    I thought I was doing pretty well on learning this tutorial, when I got to the tooling split something happened. If I try to change views my computer will stop working, I opened up the task manager and the cpu usage maxs out for a couple minutes everytime I try to move the part around. I've opened up files that are three times larger and I can move these around fine. Whats happening?

SW can be very CPU intensive. Your graphics card, Ram and CPU all play into this. The file size can be decieving as well. I have seen files that were huge but rubustly made be very smooth operating. In contrast, I have seen files that were small but shaky in thier method of construction be very cumbersome(especially if there are errors).

SW does its damdest to execute all the features you specify even if something is not exactly poper. This can send the software into a nose dive as it beats its head againgt the wall to try and sort things out

thanks

I got it to work. Don't know why but once I got past the tooling split everything straightened out.

Where is this phone mold tutorial?