Hi.
I am new to the concept of DIY CNC, but I think I like it.

I am looking to build my own CNC machine.
I wanted to be able to have a “Closed Loop” system with spindle speed control, limit switches the whole deal. But to do this I need (I think) to use the Serial port and to do this I need a serial interface board. What I would really like is something much like the EaziCNC X661, but without the £500 price tag, I am more than willing to make my own interface board, but I don’t have a clue how. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction or tell me how to go about this?… if anyone has a schematics of something like this that would be great!

Also, I am a CNC programmer by day so if anyone has any problems with fanuc let me know. And if anyone wants to know how to use G10 to set there work coordinates within a program just send me a msg,
I also know how you can make the program change the value of the tool offsets and the wear offsets using G10, this can be very use full on big jobs if you know a cutter will wear by a certain amount after X number of cuts, instead of stopping the machine, make the program do the work!
I may just be patronising you, but apparently this is something few people know how to do, and for some reason fanuc wont release the full list of G10 L* commands, but me and my boss managed to crack a few of them.

Any help would be much appreciated

Jonathan

P.s

Go easy on the newbe here