586,047 active members*
3,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > need help in fixing emco f1

need help in fixing emco f1

i got an emco f1 a few weeks ago, the machine was not used too much but was stored in really bad conditions and there is much dirty and rust on it. so i started taking it aparts, cleaning the parts and removing the rust from various parts. i got to the XY table and removed the X axis motor and protective plate to uncover the belt and lead screw (is that the correct name)? i started removing it and just as i pulled it out i've noticed that the box with the tiny balls is screwed from under the machine and i missed that because of all the dirty and mess. i removed the box as well and tried to insert the screw back in but it is not going so easily. i'm wondering if there is a special method to do that? were the screws set in a specific order? any help or tip will be appreciated!

I think you have unscrewed the ball screw from the ball nut. I have seen articles about how to reload a ball nut.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=407799

If you search the forums you could probably find a better one.

I have an f1 so I can try to help if you can shoot me some pictures.
    just make sure you have all the balls. or if you are missing some you could probably measure and get replacements.

Have you seen the yahoo group for emco f1 mills?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emcof1mill/

thank you very much for the links, i didn't know a group like that is active on yahoo and trust me i searched Google

i guess a big part of my problem is that I'm located in Israel so English is my second language so i don't know the right terminology for the various parts in the machine.

I'll try posting in the yahoo group and if fails I'll try to post a picture.