587,034 active members*
3,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Does anyone use Visi Cam software?

Does anyone use Visi Cam software?

Right now we have Camworks and my boss has been pondering many different softwares. ie. powermill, featurecam, and now Visi. We just had a little demo on the software, it seemed like a very usable sofyware, but anyone who has been useing a certain software for a long time can fly through a part and make it look easy. I'm looking for some real world answers. I'd like to know some pros and cons. Should we be sticking with camworks or are we looking in the right direction? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and appreciated?

We have in our factory two licenses of VisiCAM, the first one is a old version only for 2 1/2 axis milling and 2 axis turning (bidimensional CAD), now we have test with the new release 15 (the first impressions are very very good!!! Now is 3D CAD CAM)

Regards
    Stefano

I know this is a test post section but i could not start a new sub-topic in the programming and design category, so i put it here, hoping a admin would help. Thanks

Thanks Stefano i do think that it is a good software, just kinda skeptical making such a big change. Do you guys have the modeling package? We do alot of 3d stuff, and 2d as well. We build and design assembly machines for our plants. All auto industry stuff, ie. A/c registers, door panels, dash boards and other internal panels and dash board stuff.

Hi,

no we have only CAM license, because we are a company that works mechanical parts, we have some customers in high precision mechanic (our customers are builder of machine tool, mills and lathes).
    The drawing license (2D table from 3D model) is a specific license.
    I'm not a CAM operator, I was a CAD operator (Pro Engineer).

Regards
    Stefano