586,094 active members*
3,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > TEBIS HELP / AUTOMATION CLICKING

TEBIS HELP / AUTOMATION CLICKING

Hello, I am using Tebis for 5-axis. for safety, I double check my toolpath segments when I am done.

To check each segment/rotation for a tool, I have to click about 6 times with an average of 4 segments per tool for a total of approx 25 clicks.

When multiplied by the number of toolpaths, this extra clicking goes well into the hundreds and explains the deadly pain in my wrist.

Tebis has no language to automate this task and as well, is not windows based eliminating the possibility of using a windows macro.

My question..

Does anyone know of a utility that can help me automate task with this software to reduce my clicking.

It seems like an easy fix for tebis to allow me to pick all toolpaths at once and check against the model but ...

To add insult to my injury, I am aware that they have a great new integrated simulation/checking package that we have to buy and can't afford.

I have found some software called autohotkey that allowed me to easily remap the left windows key to be a mouse click. This seems useful with some repetitive tasks.

In the past, I have tried to make buttons from my spaceball act as a mouse click but could not get it to work. It also still does not work in conjunction with this software so I am going to try and remap a button through the registry to be a mouse click and then try and acess it through my spaceball.

I have also looked into ergonimic mouse and have found one called the evoluent vertical mouse that seems to help with this problem. 3m also makes a very extreme ergonomic mouse along with microsoft who ruined theirs by making it wireless and heavy.

auto-hot-key

I have implemented some auto-scripting functions within auto-hot key and have gained benefits with it.

To change a tebis toolpath segment from it's climb to conventional counterpart for mirroring purposes requires 9 repeated position and select tasks. With the 100 paths in my current path, this adds up to a grand total of 900 clicks and about 30-40 minutes of time.

I have automated this to one F2 Key per toolpath and think that I can automate an array of toolpaths with some more learning.

This utility seems to be the most useful upgrade that I have had in several years.