586,675 active members*
3,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trasfer of Mach to new computer

I have downloaded Mach3 & have the liscense agreement on my office computer. I have purchased a new computer (Vista) to be used with my plasma table. What do I have to do to move Mach3 & the liscense to the new computer?
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

As I understand the Mach policy all you have to do is email Mach3 (Art) and you will get a new lic. for your new computer. I also unserstand that the new Vista is in the development stage.
    Hope this helps.
    Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I gave up on trying to use Vista. Actually all I had to do to move Mach was to download current release of Mach3, copy the Lic. file & install it on my Now new XP Pro. torch computer

Quote Originally Posted by duraflap View Post
    As I understand the Mach policy all you have to do is email Mach3 (Art) and you will get a new lic. for your new computer. I also unserstand that the new Vista is in the development stage.
    Hope this helps.
    Dennis

Thats what I've heard about Vista, it's not yet ready. We have many software programs that run on XP here in our shop and I would hate to have to replace it all to even try Vista.
    I have a question for you.
    I'm building a CNC Plasma myself and would like to ask you where should I go for the motors and control box I need. Also the THC control?
    I need a pretty accurate machine and like you, don't want to end up with a junker. I feel "you get what you pay for"
    You feed back is appreciated.
    Dennis

Here is a link to my build log http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31133

Most everyting I have used for my table is in there somewhere. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. After all the only really dumb question is the one you want to ask, but don't.

My opinion is: If you want true digital THC & the easiest most plug & play one stop shop for all your electronic needs is www.CandCNC.com. If you don't want to shell out for one of his full Plaz-Pak combo deals. He has many other combo deals for piece parts of building your own control cabinet. To make their MP1000 THC really easy to hook up & use take a look at all the mini I/O options available. Going the Mini I/O route will allow you to pick up motors, power supply, Table I/O Card (I/O = Imput/Output), relay card etc elsewhere if you want.

Trust me if you are a complete novice as I was about a year ago it takes a lot of reading & asking questions to get a handle on exactly what you need & how it all hooks up to work.

Tom (CandCNC) AKA Torchhead on this forum has unbeatable customer service. His products are as good or possibly better than any out there. Give him a call at the # listed on the web site. He'll gladly speak with you & answer questions about his products.

Campbell Designs has an analog THC (Also Designed by Tom) That works adequately in most plasma applications other than really thin prone to warp quickly materials. It is my understanding It struggles a bit to keep up with really rapid height changes.

Keep watching all the ever changing banner ads on this site. You'll soon find most of the Hobby to light industrial CNC suppliers listed.

Keling, Hobby CNC, Xylotex, CNC4PC are a few that pops into mind. Just do lots of reading & research before you start spending money. After you have built one of these tables a second one wouldn't take all that much time. I was a year from idea to reality. I didn't push things & did hardly anything at all for 4 months or so in the middle of the build from just being sort of burned out on the project. I did however build a rock solid table that exceeds my expectations. I went to great lengths to make my table very easy to adjust & repair wearing parts. I also bolted key areas so expansion is even possible without having to start from scratch again.

Quote Originally Posted by duraflap View Post
    Hope this helps.
    Dennis
    No, you just move the license file as was already mentioned.

And btw, Art has retired from Mach3. Mach3 is now being developed by Brian Barker of Artsoft USA.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)