586,102 active members*
2,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.
Page 7 of 224 567891757107
    Thanks guys for your help. I tried to fix up the font one but it was no use, I kept getting errors of over lapping vectors, so I gave up on it.
    Jack that one you sent me works great thank you so much for your help.
    Mark
    p.s. Jack if you have anymore that you would like to share that would be great!, maybe the insects?
    Thanks again
    Mark

Here is a list of PDFs to show you how to build a lot of your puzzles
    http://www.bcbones.com/exMaps.shtml

Heres a scorpion 3d skeleton that I have, the file is a DWG

Edmond
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scorpion.bmp  
    Attached Files Attached Files

cool thanks

Guys, I really want to do the Shark and Eagle one, but when I open the DXF files up to cut with our laser cutter there are a ton of errors. Either errant lines or missing sections, like gaps in the spline, for either of these files.

Anyone else have any problems? Can anyone convert to EPS or CorelDraw for me?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Quote Originally Posted by JavaDog View Post
    Guys, I really want to do the Shark and Eagle one, but when I open the DXF files up to cut with our laser cutter there are a ton of errors. Either errant lines or missing sections, like gaps in the spline, for either of these files.

Anyone else have any problems? Can anyone convert to EPS or CorelDraw for me?
    Yo, JavaDog!

It's good to hear from you. Hope everything is A-OK at your end.

Here's the EAGLEX, Shark and Shark1 in .CDR & .EPS formats as you requested. Hopefully you can fix-em-up enough to get-em cut.

Stop by more often and don't be such a stranger,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Hi Javadog

Here are some folders with some interesting stuff for laser cutting, it has a 3d shark,scorpion,butterfly and fly along with some other interesting stuff.All saved as Corel Draw files.Hope it helps

Edmond

I am new to CNC an have a question concerning the z-axis. With cutting the attached files in this thread, ie the dinosaur, if I wanted to print something on each of the parts with the router, how do I adjust the height of the z axis? I work with Adobe illustrator. I was thinking creating two seperate layers or files. One layer or file would be the printing, the second would be the dinosaur.

Do you still have the dxf files for this pteradactyl? I've looked all over for it.

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Cutloose View Post
    Do you still have the dxf files for this pteradactyl? I've looked all over for it.

Thanks,

Tim
    Cutloose,

I think what your really looking for is the 'Pteranodon'. That's the one 'ynneb' cut in this post:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=32

The pteranodon is included in the DINOS___.TTF along with a herd of other dinosaur skeletons. The following table shows what letter you need to press to get the appropriate dinosaur.

a - apatosaurus
    B - brachiosaurus
    M - mammoth
    P - pteranodon
    p - parasaurolophus
    S - stegosaurus
    s - spinosaurus
    T - t rex
    t - triceratops
    U - styracosaurus
    z - plesiosaurus

You will also need to scale the font letter to match your material thickness and/or cutter size so that it will fit together properly. I just thought I'd remind you before you get carried away in all of the excitement.

The DINOS___.TTF file must be placed in your Windows Fonts folder (wherever it is located; usually C:\WINDOWS\Fonts or C:\WINNT\Fonts) before it can be accessed from your application. You may also have to exit and restart the application before it 'sees' the new font.

IHTH,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

font file assembly pics

can someone post assembly instructions for the font files or a good picture of assembled trex from those fonts in particular, i am baffled on how to get the top and bottom together.
    thanks,
    david

my 2 cents

I have made several dino's and bugs from the woodkits from action products international photocopied each pc at 350 % then cut them out ,used an optical tracer to cut them out of .25"steel ,very simple and rewarding but this post is to direct you to bathsheba.com for a plasma cut or plywood sculpture " little star " in the process of cutting it out at 200 %

Where do you get the patteren for the little star and for all the dinos and bugs ? are you buying the kits and then enlarging them?
    If so please post'em when you can
    Mark

Ahh this is driving me nuts. I have read all the posts in this topic (which have been brilliant) and just finished refurbishing a JGRO whch was given to me with all new electrics.... but cant cut because I cant get the thing to obey me!! Ok so really its beacause I just dont know enough about Mach 3 yet, but I prefer my version It also keeps choking on the G codes. Ill get there in the end.

well i figured out the trex assembly, they can be a bit confusing without a good pictures.
    thanks

help

hi im new to cnc i would like to make a t rex but do not know where to start could some one help i have a the dfs file dinosaur.dxf that ger21 sent in im using cambam and mach3 how would i do this any help would be nice
    thanks

I HAVE GOT IT

I HAVE STARTED TO MAKE ONE THAY ARE COOL
    Warning. Fiddling with this equipment can kill you! Use this information at your own risk.

my trex

i made a trex
    Warning. Fiddling with this equipment can kill you! Use this information at your own risk.

Good work Catsam

Page 7 of 224 567891757107