587,495 active members*
3,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.

Hybrid View

This time I went too far, Its just too big. Where the hell will I put this ?

He has a wing span of 2.9M ( 9 foot ish)
    Nose to tail 2M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pt1.jpg   pd2.jpg   DCP03491.JPG   DCP03489.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb

Nose to tail 2M
    Nice! I bet you some school or library would pay you a nice little penny for that monster! :idea:
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Shark DXF

Well I drew up the shark.

I have included mirrored parts for the other side of the shark so if the material is finished on one side only, the finish will be out on both sides of the model. I have drawn it to be made from 3mm stock and have not allowed any clearance for fit.

If someone uses it please post the Gcode and a picture. Maybe the dxf the G-code and the picture could be included in a zip file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Brian
    The Sawdust Creator

Stupid Question about DXF

Quick question. I am getting ready to use Sheetcam to cut out a few puzzles using the various DXF files shown in the thread. I understand that I should use a cutter the same diameter as the material I am cutting.

When using Sheetcam, do I cut ON the lines, or do I offset to the outside of the lines by the radius of the cutter (cutter compensation)?

Sorry if the answer is already posted here, but I can't find it.

Compliments to everyone on the grat work, I will post photos of my projects as I complete them.

Missy

Sheetcam like any other CAM program I have used, automatically accounts for the size of the cutter you select and does the offset for you.

Go through the tutorials that came with Sheetcam.

If you are referring to the dinosaur files, most of them have the full slot drawn in. So you can use a cutter smaller or up to the size of the slot.

Some of them have only a single line drawn for the slot. These need a different approach. Start with the first type till you get the hang of it.

Greg

Let me Rephrase...

Thanks for the response, but let me ask question again...

For dino files where the slot is shown cut out, I would use cutter compensation to "leave the line on", and use a cutter smaller than the slow width. No problem.

For the dino files where the slot is shown as a single line, I would use a cutter equal in width to the thickness of the material I am cutting. No problem.

Question: For the dino files where the slot is shown as a single line, do I cut the outside profile with the cutter center following the line, or do I offset by the radius of the cutter? I am afraid that if my toolpath uses the line as the center of the cutter, the resulting pieces will be too small. Or are the designs drawn so that when I follow the line without cutter compensation, it will turn out right?

Hopefully this clarifies my question. Thanks in advance for any responses...

BTW, my wife's name is Missy, mine is Dave.

Do you still have the dxf files for this pteradactyl? I've looked all over for it.

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Cutloose View Post
    Do you still have the dxf files for this pteradactyl? I've looked all over for it.

Thanks,

Tim
    Cutloose,

I think what your really looking for is the 'Pteranodon'. That's the one 'ynneb' cut in this post:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=32

The pteranodon is included in the DINOS___.TTF along with a herd of other dinosaur skeletons. The following table shows what letter you need to press to get the appropriate dinosaur.

a - apatosaurus
    B - brachiosaurus
    M - mammoth
    P - pteranodon
    p - parasaurolophus
    S - stegosaurus
    s - spinosaurus
    T - t rex
    t - triceratops
    U - styracosaurus
    z - plesiosaurus

You will also need to scale the font letter to match your material thickness and/or cutter size so that it will fit together properly. I just thought I'd remind you before you get carried away in all of the excitement.

The DINOS___.TTF file must be placed in your Windows Fonts folder (wherever it is located; usually C:\WINDOWS\Fonts or C:\WINNT\Fonts) before it can be accessed from your application. You may also have to exit and restart the application before it 'sees' the new font.

IHTH,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

font file assembly pics

can someone post assembly instructions for the font files or a good picture of assembled trex from those fonts in particular, i am baffled on how to get the top and bottom together.
    thanks,
    david

more works last works here http://good-times.webshots.com/album...YGHjH?start=84
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dinos_pvc_2.jpg   borboleta_mod.jpg   stegossauro.jpg  

BCBones files

Here are some files from bcbones I downloaded it before they server or else where down.

I´m interested in 3D horses, like this.
    The file is rather large 6 megas.
    Thanks.

Here there are some DXF i found on a german forum (I didn't understood a word) I only have a picture of the windmill and Eifell tower, piezes are not numerated (in boat there are) so it will be a real puzzle if someone cuts and Assembles them please post the pictures, i haven't try it couse I don't have a CNC yet, I'm building my first
    Good Luck, hope you enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7300_111980147605_Pict0063.jpg   Eifelturm.JPG  

pteranodon

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb View Post

Nose to tail 2M
    hello,
    Might I spend the pteranodon dwg file
    [email protected]
    thanks