586,058 active members*
4,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Dinosaur skeleton, and other models, DXF files.
Page 89 of 224 3979878889909199139189
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4472
    Email Sent...

I just appreciate so much what you have shared...

Very nice of you, these are really nice.

Thx
    Eric

Fleury1982 has all ways provided a vast range of puzzles great work mate.

BTW loving the go kart hehe.

hi

thank you man it is my work n Steve T working in vectors , cut it build So A+ 2 Steve 2

Hey Steve A+++++ LOOOOOOOOL

more 3 models i build it today .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM9482_640x482.jpg   HPIM9483_640x482.jpg   HPIM9484_640x482.jpg   HPIM9486_640x482.jpg  

Fleury1982 do you even sleep mate :P.

All these puzzles are gr8! Is there anyoe in the UK who can tell me where to purchase this size wood? If your in the UK you will know how hard it is to find this sort of thing unless you already know where to purchase it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keithstanley View Post
    All these puzzles are gr8! Is there anyoe in the UK who can tell me where to purchase this size wood? If your in the UK you will know how hard it is to find this sort of thing unless you already know where to purchase it.
    Thanks
    Try a model/hobbies shop you can usually get some smaller size birch ply there, be warned it will be expensive.

Yeah that is the problem.... everything in the UK seems soooo expensive compared to what it can be bought for in the USA, Canada, Australia, NZ etc. I know shipping it over would not be cost effective but when I search around I see prices that are so much better if one lived in those countries....

I wonder why....

Keith,

http://www.theplasticshop.co.uk/home-1-0.html

Gilbert Curry Plastics (Just about all types of laserable plastics)

http://www.hobartlaserables.com/wood...j0pi5erisnv2s5

Hobarts Laser Supplies (MDF and Birch Ply)

http://www.hindleys.com/materials/timber/

Hindleys (MDF and Birch Ply)

http://hpclaser.co.uk/

HPC Laser systems and supplies (Chris does a great range of sheet products and router stuff too,he's also a good personal friend a dam fine bloke)

https://www.mantuamodel.co.uk/

Mantua UK, (Great for the wierd woods like oak or suchlike)

That should cover just about all your needs UK wise

best wishes

Dave

Optimizing cutting

Hi to all! In First place thanks for the shared projects, and for this great community!

I have a question. I Design in CorelDraw, save in plt format, and make the G-code with Mach2 in .tap format, then cut in my router with Mach3. In certains files the order in cutting process is logic and simple, but in others cases is an ilogical sequence of travel and cutting lines, an point here, one line in the opposite corner, some pattern in other place, then return to the first point and complete the design in this ineficient mode. I want a cutting process more efficient, cut the pattern, next the neighbour pattern, etc from one corner of the cutting area to the other. The point is that i searched a solution for a long time but nothing for now. Some of you can give me an answer, please???? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patagonicus View Post

I have a question. I Design in CorelDraw, save in plt format, and make the G-code with Mach2 in .tap format,
    This is the issue, Mach3 is a great program to run your machine with but is not a real CAM program to program with.

You need some CAM software, Vectric, Artcam or even something that is not as powerful as those, so that the program or you (manually) can set the cut sequence.

If you have some issues and need something cut soon, send me the file I'll make the program for you so you can get it running till you find a software CAM solution.

BTW seems to me that LAZYCAM That comes with Mach3 will at least let you set the cut sequence, but then again its been YEARS since I have touched LazyCam.

Eric

Thanks dbtoutfit, I tried with lazycam but is very limited and create others problems to the process. The limiting side of my story is that i cant spend the money for buying Artcam or other expensive Cam program, I tried all with the tools at my hand. The last important buying i made is for the license of Mach. Don´t exist a little (and free) program that can solve this problem?. Some one?.:drowning:

Thanks Again

No Prob,

Yea google free cam software.

Should find something quickly.

Eric

Thanks dbtoutfit, I tried with lazycam but is very limited and create others problems to the process. The limiting side of my story is that i cant spend the money for buying Artcam or other expensive Cam program, I tried all with the tools at my hand. The last important buying i made is for the license of Mach. Don´t exist a little (and free) program that can solve this problem?. Some one?.:drowning:

Thanks Again
    Try SheetCam it is very cheap but is great for 2.5D work. Test their trial version.

OR

CamBam Another Great CAM program
    Being outside the square !!!

I have a question. I Design in CorelDraw, save in plt format, and make the G-code with Mach2 in .tap format, then cut in my router with Mach3. In certains files the order in cutting process is logic and simple, but in others cases is an ilogical sequence of travel and cutting lines, an point here, one line in the opposite corner, some pattern in other place, then return to the first point and complete the design in this ineficient mode. I want a cutting process more efficient, cut the pattern, next the neighbour pattern, etc from one corner of the cutting area to the other. The point is that i searched a solution for a long time but nothing for now. Some of you can give me an answer, please???? Thanks
    D2NC is a small lightweight gcode genereator that can read dwg files from Corel and output Mach3 compatible code. It can also install itself into M3. It also has a scripting language to do simple (and not so simple) design work at the console. Pocketing was limited when I bought my copy.

14 BIS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14BIS_1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	136342

Name:	14BIS_3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	136343

Name:	14BIS_4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	136344

new pics

new puzzles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM9486_640x482.jpg   HPIM9487_640x482.jpg   HPIM9488_640x482.jpg   HPIM9489_640x482.jpg  

HPIM9490_640x482.jpg   HPIM9491_640x482.jpg   HPIM9492_640x482.jpg   HPIM9493_640x482.jpg  

HPIM9494_640x482.jpg  

Thanks Dave, those suppliers do in fact just about cover my needs for the forseeable future.
    Thanks again,
    Keith

I don't have any experience with those cam programs but is the issue caused by broken lines or lines being read in as individual entities?

Same thing happens with laser cutters if your lines are seperate, lines can be joined into single entities with PEDIT in either autocad or the free Dassault Systems Draughtsite.

I recall from memory TAP files doing the same when I had a taig mill some years ago.

Individual lines have multiple individual anchor points, polylines have one single line with multiple anchor points.

Lines will tell your cam software go from a to b, b to c, c to d etc etc with the order not specified,
    Polylines will tell your cam software go from a to d via b + c as a single instruction.

Just a thought

best wishes

Dave

Thanks Again
    You can change the order in Coral. Open the Object manager, then the layers the drawing is on, and rearrange the objects from the bottom up (i.e. the one at the bottom is first to be drawn/cut).:wave:

Quote Originally Posted by keithstanley View Post
    Yeah that is the problem.... everything in the UK seems soooo expensive compared to what it can be bought for in the USA, Canada, Australia, NZ etc. I know shipping it over would not be cost effective but when I search around I see prices that are so much better if one lived in those countries....

I wonder why....
    Yep thats the UK for ya.

I live in the UK and tbh its takes the piss what we have to pay compared to other places.

Then again suppose we should be use to it by now.

P.S

I was told there is only like a hand full of places that actually make balsa wood in the world that was from a guy who works in a model shop he says its very hard to get etc.

Page 89 of 224 3979878889909199139189