586,094 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > anyone help e-stop and limits

anyone help e-stop and limits

Is it advisable to run the e-stop in series with the limit switches? My e-stop has 2 sets of NC 240v/10A contacts. Is this an acceptable e-stop for a
    110V setup? My on/off switch is also a 240V switch. Is that acceptable for an on/off switch for 110V? Also I have a 125V/15A circuit breaker. Is that acceptable for replacing the fastblow fuse for the main power protection?

I will be using the keling 4 axis kit.

The 240v switches on 110v power should not be a problem. I can't say that I would put 110 volts through the limit switches and e-stop. Depending on what kind of current is going through the circuit, the limit switches might not handle it long term, depending what they are rated at.

And concerning the circuit breaker, if the circuit is rated at 15 amps, this shouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing the breaker is tripping at power up? An electrician might be able to help, but if the circuit is only rated at 10A, putting a 15A in, would probably work, though it's certainly not safe.

i was just going to put the 5v for the limits through the estop also. I figured since it has a second contact block that is rated for 240v it should handle this with no problem correct?
    As for the 15A circuit breaker what should i have in place of it? I am using the keling power supply (24V/8.3A)? I know I need something to protect the power coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by krymis View Post
    i was just going to put the 5v for the limits through the estop also. I figured since it has a second contact block that is rated for 240v it should handle this with no problem correct?
    Yes, Absolutely, that should work. I read it as using 110v through them.

As for the 15A circuit breaker what should i have in place of it? I am using the keling power supply (24V/8.3A)? I know I need something to protect the power coming in.
    Ok, I thought you were having trouble with the circuit breaker tripping when you started your motor. In this case you are well within limits. You are probably only going to draw a an amp or so at 110 volts. This shouldn't cause you any problems. The spindle motor is going to draw some additional amps, but as long as the circuit you are on is 15 amps, that will be good.

Unless it's a 50 hp motor spinning at 20,000 rpms...