586,352 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: meldas 300

meldas 300

On a meldas 300 control if you want to have some options turned on, is it a paramater or do you have to rewrite the latter or somthing, some one told me they have to remove the board and alter it?

it depends on the option, some options needs additional hardware. if it is a work cycle, you will need to know the system option parameter number, but don't forget, in theory you should pay for any options you turn on, as these system option parameters are copyright "protected", but they do reside in the control at all times. OEM options may need additional hardware and are usually turned on with a PLC option parameter.

I was wondering about macros, now when I think about it, I did see numbers in some of the varibles, must be for the canned cycles, but I cant run any of my own,the other thing I was trying to do is have the air blow for the tool change to stay on with a m code, I do some deep slots and it would be nice to have air coming out of the tool, I did rig up a external air line, it helps but not the same. thanks for the response.

There are system parameters for memory size, rigid tapping, high speed machining, high precision among others. The parameters are set in a combination of hexadecimal values. You would need to contact Mitsubishi for more information. It is likely they will request your control's serial number to confirm what options the control was shipped with.

All of you guys are correct; a Mitsubishi control is shipped fully loaded and for an additional sum you too can have more options. What are required are the pass codes and the options parameter location and definition list. There are only two types of main boards. A Lathe and a Mill. The only hardware needed is the memory, if more or all options are active, then definitely you will need more memory.

Good luck,
    Htech