586,108 active members*
3,067 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Returning a new machine.

I bought a vertical thats been giving me trouble. Every time they fix something I find something else wrong. Its not performing to the published specs.
    Has anyone had to return a machine?
    (wrong)
    sorry
    This was meant for metal machines.

We once bought a horizontal from a dealer that we did a lot of business with. We bought it at Eastec and got a good deal on it (compared to a Hitachi-Seiki) After it was delivered and while their crew was setting it up, we found out that there was only one other of that model in the country- in the California showroom not powered up. The techs spent weeks on it trying to get it to run, swapping electrical and mechanical parts, waiting for express deliveries. It never ran right but our dealer stepped up and gave us full credit and paid the rigging (out and in) towards a different machine.
    I hope your dealer has the same focus on customer service...Good luck.

SIG, That's why you don't pay for it (hold back) till you're ready to accept the machine. Personally, I like the 30-30-30-10 method of payment. 30% as late as possible after the order; 30% when shipped; 30% after acceptance and 10% some reasonable time after acceptance. The salesman won't like it 'cause he's the last one paid. The object of the builder and the salesman is to make money (from you). You control the money so you have the hammer. This doesn't have to be nasty, but business like. Those terms should be well understood in the earliest discussions.

Dick Z
    DZASTR