586,119 active members*
3,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Error Help Techno LC4896

Ok here's the deal, I am an absolute newcomer to this and since I am employed by a state government agency there will be no formal training forthcoming. That costs money right? There's the machine make it work. Aaaarrrggghh
    Well, I have managed to get it working with a little help from a super smart computer guy, we were able to produce our first sign and I am now on my own.

I'm working with Enroute3, I managed to set up my file all nice and pretty and send it to my CNC interface with no problems. Until, at 11% into the program the machine stops and gives me the following error...

M2 position error. (X Axis) No Controller Power.

After reading up on the code in the manual I have I found that the problem would have to be in one of the G1 lines of code since it is cutting a straight line at that point. I copied the code to a word document and think I have found the lines where the problem is since they don't have any code for x on them. I am posting those few lines of code below. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to resolve this.

G1X20.4665Y19.7698
    G1X20.5446Y19.6723
    G1X18.8367Y18.303
    G1Y18.2704
    G1Y18.303

G1X17.7677Y19.1702
    G1X17.7383Y19.1635
    G1X17.7677Y19.1702
    G2X18.025Y19.6735I8.3151J-3.9337

The lines in red are what I think is glitching. Please let me know if I am on the right track, and if there are any books, manuals, etc. that would help me to become the best at what I do.

Thanks,
    Winnie

Your line will go straight in the parts highlighted in red, assuming that's what you need. Not having an x value should really not make any difference. You could put the las x value in each line and see if it helps. Could be the controller needs to see both values but that doesn't make sense.
    Dave
    Schneider Machine
    A force of one

Are you running with tool offset, G41 or G42 and the tool cannot get to those points?

Position error says it thinks it is being told to go outside of the axis travel On the Technos there is extra table beyond the travel of the axes to allow for clamping etc. You could jog (goto button on interface screen) to make sure you can travel to each corner of your work.

The controller is pretty forgiving on G-code format. The lines without X specified are fine format wise but again there maybe a command that forces it off the end of the world of X travel.

Assume this was a running machine and everything was fine with it before ?

OK, I'll check out all these things. Yes the machine was functioning prior to this particular file. I have actually redesigned the file 3 times all with the same result, at some point I receive the same error code.

As I said, I will look into these possibilities and see what happens. I am very frustrated by not having much information available for this machine. At this point I would tell anyone considering a Techno to run, run away quickly!!

I had the same exact issue with one of my programs on my LCX4896. At the same exact spot it gave me that error every time. I was also very frustrated. I re-did all of the toolpaths and it has never done it again.

Have your tried calling tech support? I called 3 times - I could have got someone with more CNC experience by calling my local WalMart two of those times but the third time I got someone who really knew what he was talking about and was very helpful.

Also check all of your plugs & wires. I had 1 plug that was not screwed in correctly and was about to fall out.

good luck,
    Aaron

Can you show some of the lines after the radius-----the g02

Some machines use a look ahead function and it could be seeing a problem a few lines ahead because really can see nothing standing out

I agree with lshingleton, most controllers look ahead several lines, problem might very well have to do with what's after the arc. And Kiwi's point about the tool comp is important also.......we need to see a few more lines to give good guidance.

Having the same problem....

Did you ever find a solution? I'm using the same machine in a academic shop and it's new so people are still getting used to it. I have used a variety of machines and see nothing wrong with the gcode I'm posting out of mastercam, but due to the limited interface that the techno has it's hard to even see what line of code might be triggering the error.

Basically the operation I'm trying to complete is a 3 axis op consisting of all G1 or G0 moves while set to G17 G40 G49 G80 G90. The machine is humming along and hits 26% and throws the exact same error, even after restarting the program. No new or weird commands that I can see while manually reviewing the g code, just primarily moving in X Y and Z suing G1 and then occasionally a G0 now and then.

It would be awesome to figure out what was causing this for myself and future users as well.

Thanks for any info.

Always make sure you have a G1 or Go after the G2/G3 command
    Some machines alarm some just site there
    After If/do/while/then or Goto statements always have () on the next line
    The control still has to process them and it gives it alittle more time
    The newer controls are getting worse for this becasue there being given to much to think off/process in a certain time
    Semiens gets round this by a comand called @714 on the 840c control or Stoppre on the 840d control -------when you put these in the program the machine stops processing stuff after this point

The above problems with the Fanuc show up in the start of canned cycles and conditional jumps ----------hope this helps
    If you can put the program on here so we can have alook

Figured it out....

So after reviewing the GCODE further and finding it was all completely clean, we slowed the machine down to 50IPM and ran the program again. It's a moderately complex program in certain places so I think the machine just couldn't process the commands fast enough. All 3-axis ops with some pretty short segments. The exact same code cut just fine at a slower speed. If any one has these issues in the future and are sure that their code is clean, just try slowing it down a bit.