586,077 active members*
3,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > The Cost Of This Hobby So Far For A Stupid Machinist
Page 4 of 4 234
    I think I'll save up a bit more.
    Ian.

Ok, moving on up. Moving on up.

So I'm getting rid of the x3 and all the electronics. I'm going to be parting out the x3 rather than trying to sell the machine whole. Unless somebody really wants it that way.

So.. the list

CNCFusion Deluxe 3-axis kit complete w/zero backlash couplings: $750
    Gecko 203v's (3): $325
    Keling Steppers, Nema 23 495oz (2), Nema 34 640? (1): $150
    Cycletrol 2HP DC Drive w/Tach Feedback: $100
    Baldor 2HP Motor: $100
    Keling KL-7212 Power Supply: $100

None of the prices include shipping. Also, there are various other bits including switches, cables, and some fans. I also have a decent computer with Mach License to go with it if somebody is interested. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    Ok, moving on up. Moving on up.

So I'm getting rid of the x3 and all the electronics. I'm going to be parting out the x3 rather than trying to sell the machine whole. Unless somebody really wants it that way.

So.. the list

CNCFusion Deluxe 3-axis kit complete w/zero backlash couplings: $750
    Gecko 203v's (3): $325
    Keling Steppers, Nema 23 495oz (2), Nema 34 640? (1): $150
    Cycletrol 2HP DC Drive w/Tach Feedback: $100
    Baldor 2HP Motor: $100
    Keling KL-7212 Power Supply: $100

None of the prices include shipping. Also, there are various other bits including switches, cables, and some fans. I also have a decent computer with Mach License to go with it if somebody is interested. Any questions please feel free to ask.
    What machine are you going to get to replace the X3?

pzzamakr1980,

I have read your story of woe. How did the geckodrive part work out for you? Did you return them, have them replaced? What happened with that part?

Mariss

Lol, this is kinda funny considering how down on this subject this thread is... But, I actually work with a retired master machinist. We are going to build one. Its going to be for some school credit, and he has worked for a number of tool manufacturing companies that make large band saws and vmc's. It will be about the same footprint as an IH, but with linear slides, belt spindle, all servo, full enclosure, etc. So the x3 is going so I can fund the purchase of the new stuff.

The gecko's were great. I don't remember exactly what part it was, but since I've been using the machine for quite some time now with the 203's it couldnt have been them. And if it was before I bought the 203's, it was no doubt my fault and I burned them out because of some dumb error on my part.

I to, have experienced these issue and, with all the common exclamatory declarations, agree and, dis agree. I have learned a great deal by doing this hobby. I've learned how to measure consistently, accurately. How to apply mechanical practices, calculate forces and moments of bending under load. This is a priceless progression, that school or training doesn't offer. When, I am able, I will embark on a new adventure and build a much better, and more useful machine using all that I have learned. I wish you much good tidings in all your endeavors.

One other thing for sale. I have probably 15-20 tormach tool holders that are not going to be used anymore. These include endmill holders, er20 collet holders, and about 5-10 drill chucks all mounted on the tormach holders. If anyone is interested again let me know and I will think up a dollar value and/or give a better description of what's available.

Page 4 of 4 234