586,075 active members*
4,255 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > 95 hawk ssm mirror function

Question 95 hawk ssm mirror function

I have a 95 hurco hawk with a single screen ssm control I bought used a few months ago. I tried using the mirror routine today but could not get it to work. I followed the example in the manual but no luck . Is there something I need to know that isn't in the manual?

Thanks for any help

Dan

Probably a Hawk 5? Yes the mirror function works very well. A real plus is if your climb cutting, your mirrored cut will also climb cut. The manual should be good on mirror patterns. Do Original- selects whether to do both the original and the mirror image or just the mirror image. Mirror about- determines whether to mirror left/right (90) or up/down (180). The X and Y demension determines the point about which to mirror the part. This point is reference part zero. If you use a pattern/mirror image block, be sure to use a pattern end block. Pattern/mirror image---mill block---pattern end. Pattern/mirror image---holes block---pattern end. Any pattern block must have a pattern end block to close it out. You can nest patterns within patterns. But, each pattern block must have a pattern end block to close the pattern. Ron