586,108 active members*
3,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Mori SL0-B with Fanuc 3T-c Problem

Mori SL0-B with Fanuc 3T-c Problem

Happy Monday!
    Our Mori went down last week with the High parity Error. We followed to book in regards to fixing the problem (resetting parameters and whatnot) and that seemed to fix things. Everything seems to be working except for the spindle. It will spin, but the wrong direction (from whatever button is pushed) and at around 10rpm. From what I read this sounds like it could be thinking it needs to change gears or index or something along those lines. I'm not totally sure on which route to go for finding that problem. I am going through our manuals for it right now.

The other confusion is in the parameters itself. I have a section of parameters that are written in by hand. Those are the parameters that gave me the above results. The confusing part is that there is also a "stock" parameter setting page in my manuals. Some of these values differ from my record sheet. Not only these but there are some other parameters (sequence parameter and Timer) settings that I for the life of me can't find where I could change these on the control.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would rock. I am going to sit here a bit and try to get a grasp on the manuals here. Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated. Even if someone knows of someone that has the same setup, that would help too. Or if anyone knows of a Midwest (NW burbs Illinois) mori seiki place that might have this info. Thanks for the help!

Andrew
    ps I called Mori, they said they had no records of that machine. They told me to call Fanuc. I talked to a helpful guy there who had records of that machine, but no specific parameters or anything for me. I figured that would be the case, but figured it couldn't hurt to try and call all the places.

Just for the hell of it, try programming in MDI m3 s500. Does the same thing happen? Then, see if there is any difference using M40, M41 or M42, these are the m codes (usually) for gear change or motor high / low range.

Does the machine have a gearbox? if so, maybe a keep relay needs to be set. the keep relays should be documented by the OEM. Usually the OEM (Mori) has to write the PMC to operate the gear change, using these keep relays to set the option installed on the machine. There is sometimes a selector shaft operated by an air or hydraulic cylinder and monitored for f/w or back position by switches, each giving an input for its status to the PMC input table.

If you have a hard copy of the PMC, have a scoot through looking for M3, M4 and M5 you may find the keep relay that way. (K002.5 for example)

Final thought, have you got the spindle speed parameters set correctly i.e. Minimum speed and Maximum speed ?

The machine does basically the same thing in MDI mode (m3 s1500 or whatever). The only difference is that you can after that manually get the spindle to begin spinning up, but it will then stop shortly thereafter.

The machine doesn't have a gearbox, and as far as I know (and what my books say), we have the settings all set properly for the spindle speeds in the parameter pages. I will toy around with them a bit more tonight here before I take off.

We did order up the Fanuc manuals from Machinery Brochure.com Kind of spendy for manuals, but if it helps avoid having to find someone to come in, it will be worth it.

I'll try up what you suggested here, and see what I get. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Are you entered the PC parameters in Diagnostic parameter page. All the functions are working O.K. exept Spindle.

We had a similar problem with a YAM VMC with 10M control, the problem wa the data setting in the PMC param. page, we had to input them correctly and the problem was solved. I hope this helps.

GP.

I spent a good deal of time with Mori Seiki this past week. They helped us a great deal. After I was explained some more of what some of the parameters meant, and how to input parameters in the Diagnostics page, we were back in business.

Andrew