I tried listing a product which I distribute in the classified section of this website some time ago. I did not get the response I thought so I moved to eBay. Anyways, about a week ago I received an email from someone who saw my listing on this website and wanted to purchase the item.

I was glad with a prospective sale in the near future. A couple of email volleys later and he let me know he was sending a certified check. The check came yesterday via UPS Next Day Air and was in the amount of $2200. This is roughly $2000 more than the sale price!!!! The check came with an Instruction sheet saying to cash the check, and send all excess funds back via western union/money gram. **RED FLAG**

I will share some of the details of this with you as I want everyone to be aware that the threat is out there and to not be taken advantage of. I suspect that if I cash the check, it will bounce- and the money will be taken out of my account, while the scammer is sitting back with $2000 in his pocket!! Well here goes:

Original "buyer" email -
[email protected]

Return Address on UPS -
Rosirel Perez
Genesis Manufacturing, Inc.
1937 Vyse Ave.
Bronx, NY 10460

who I should wire the money to on instruction sheet-
Rachel Prentice
Boston, MA 02128

email on the instruction sheet-
[email protected]

bank that check was issued from-
National Bank of Texas at Fort Worth

company name on check-
TCA, Inc.
980 North White Chapel Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092

If any of the above information looks familar, beware. TOO MUCH INFORMATION THAT DOES NOT MATCH!!!! Why is the return address different from the address on the check? Why different emails? Why send from New York, pay as someone from Texas, ask to have the money wired back to Massachusetts?

I am posting this because I care about the community here at CNC ZONE and would HATE for anyone to get involved in this. It is a shame that we cannot have a classified section on this forum without having to worry about fraud!!!

BTW I plan to take the check to my bank on Monday and see what they can do. I may just have a hold put on the check and see if by some miracle the funds clear. Somehow I highly doubt it.

BTW on google for 5 minutes and I found this:
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?t=36504