586,032 active members*
2,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

cn1 pin assignment

Hi! can anyone help me where to find a link or manual that could show the pin assignment of cn1 of a fanuc velocity control, type: A06B-6050-H104 with control card or top pcb number A20B-1000-0560.

Thanks

Jpatricio

This information is in Fanuc AC servo Unit Maintenance manual B-54765E. You can call Fanuc America at 18883268287 to purchase it.
    A quick description of pin out for CN1 is
    1 PRDY1
    2 ENBL1
    3 OVL1
    4 VRDY1
    5 CURR
    6 --
    7 VCMD
    8 *ALM1
    9 *ALM2
    10 *ALM4
    11 *ALM8
    12 --
    13 COM
    14 PRDY2
    15 ENBL2
    16 OVL2
    17 VRDY2
    18 CLMT
    19 --
    20 E

fanucservicetech,

Thanks sir for the information. I just want to ask further questions. Where can I connect if I want to input PWMA,*PWMA, PWMB, *PWMB signals? Because I want the motor to rotate forward and reverse, what terminals should I use and what signal do I need to input?

Once again, thank you very much.

James_76

where to connect

fanucservicetech,

Thanks for the information. I just want to ask further questions. Where can I connect if I want to input PWMA, *PWMA, PWMB, *PWMB signals? IF I want the motor to rotate reverse-forward, what terminals should I use and what signals do I need to input?

Once again thank you very much.

james_76

This is an analog AC servo. Basically it typically receives analog +/-10VDC at VCMD (pin 7) in reference to COM (pin 13). it generates the PWM signal on board. Direction is controlled by +/- and voltage level is for speed.

fanuc ac servo

fanucservicetech,

Sir, do you mean I just have to connect the -10/+10vdc signal on 7(+) and 13(-). And its rotation, forward maximum frequency at +10vdc and reverse maximum frequency at -10vdc?

Thanks again sir.

james_76

MANUAL PULSE GENERATOR OR HANDLE

fanucservicetech,

Sir, how about if i would include a manual pulse generator or handle, where should i connect also?

Thanks again.

jpatricio_76

Quote Originally Posted by jpatricio_76 View Post
    fanucservicetech,

Sir, do you mean I just have to connect the -10/+10vdc signal on 7(+) and 13(-). And its rotation, forward maximum frequency at +10vdc and reverse maximum frequency at -10vdc?

Thanks again sir.

james_76
    Yes. that's correct

Quote Originally Posted by jpatricio_76 View Post
    fanucservicetech,

Sir, how about if i would include a manual pulse generator or handle, where should i connect also?

Thanks again.

jpatricio_76
    Sorry, I have no idea on this question. In a typical application, manual pulse generator and handle signals are connected to CNC and CNC would inturn send out VCMD signal to servo unit.

fanucservicetech,

Sir, thanks a lot for the information. It would surely help me a lot.

Thanks again.

jpatricio_76

fanucservicetech,

Sir, I saw a connection from my machine, pin 7 (vcmd) for positive and pin 20 (E) for negative. It's not using pin 13 (com) for negative. When should I use the pin 13?

Thanks again.

jpatricio_76

fanucservicetech,

Sir, I'm sorry to disturb you once again but I have one more question... I already connected the control signal for cn1 and it runs smoothly for forward direction but when I reverse the direction of the motor, I could hear some unusual sounds from the motor itself wen I reverse it in low frequency, supplying -17mVdc. I wonder if I have mistakes in the connection of encoder. I can't check it either because I also do not have pin assignment for the encoder of A20B-1000-0560.

You need to supply -VDC (negative) at pin 7 in reference to pin 20 for reverse direction. I don't think there is anything wrong with your feedback signal.