586,051 active members*
3,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

*New Mach2 Skin*

I am playing around with the Mach2 screen editor and am trying to make a custom screen that relates to my setup. ( Simple 3 axis )

I wish to give it a nice look with lots of Custom bitmaps etc.

I am wondering is anyone has already made some nice screens.
    Would you like to upload them so as to give me and others some inspiration.

What tips do you have about effectivley creating screens.

For those who were not aware that you could edit your screen you will find the Mach2 screen exe in the Mack2 folder.
    Being outside the square !!!

Benny - if you slide on over to the "Other Forum" -- the one you had log-on probs with,
    There is a 3 axis Simple.set for MACH2. Might give you a head start - or it may be useful as is! Cheers - Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

He he, thanks Jim. I think I will stay here for the time been. Its quite cold over there.

I shouldn't show what I am doing before it is finished, but I think my screen will be quite good. I have done lots of experiments and think I have the process worked out. Here is a very premature preview.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test.jpg  

COOL - Looks like you may have done some winamp in the past! Expect one screen is running G-Code and the larger - toolpath? DROs somewhere I suppose? There gets to be so much info I can see why to go to simpler - I'l be watching the progress.
    Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Here is my latest version. I still haven't put in all the hyperlinks into the .set yet but I have done heaps of tests along the way to see if it will work and so far so good.

Unfortunately the file is very big because mach2 will only accept bitmaps. I have made just one big picture so as to avoid the annoying problems with bitmaps disappearing behind other item. ( A bug in the design software) If you want to get it to work you will have to put invisible bitmap buttons over the picture in the right areas. This way you can use this image for any size screen, and just make the image size accordingly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TEST4.jpg  

A major poo, the attachment was regected coz its size was too big. 800k.
    The thumbnail does it no justice. If any one wants the file I will email it in one hit.

Benny, Great job! That is really cool.

Trent

:wave:Benny I would like a copy of the screen after you are with it. That looks like a great screen for a touch screen setup.
    Mike
    ps iit needs a 4th axis dro and a +/- buttons :banana:
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Ben...

Excellent Mach2 screen. Very easy to use and not overloaded with controls.

Tried it with a few simulations...

Thanks Ben

Thanks Moondog, I was aiming to make it not so cluttered and have definite groupings. I had the newbie in mind. Its a pity I cant get it hosted any where. The zip file is 800k but this forum will only allow 500k uploads into a post. I have sent it to admin to host and will post a URL once it is up.
    I also emailed it to Jim, I am awaiting his appraisal.

If any one else wants it please put your email addy in this thread.

Benny - I like it a lot!
    :banana:
    Just been running a sim of the "Mustang" that was loaded up (I'm really a 'Vette guy - but its a sim.) I like the groupings, I especially like the idea of being able to change each axis scale - but didn't yet 'suss out how.
    I need to sort out the hotkey configs for the screen - look like a good one to incorporate on my nearly finished pendent!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faceplate Pendent1.JPG  

I especially like the idea of being able to change each axis scale - but didn't yet 'suss out how.
    What you do is click in the scale section DRO and then put in a number. Lets say 2 that will double that axis. Make sure you then push enter. if you want it to be say 75% you would put in .75 ( you get the picture )

I suspect you might not know that you can do the same with your Axis DROs. That way you can set them to number you want.

EDIT: Your hand controller is looking good. I use a kids game pad. ( not quite as professional looking.) Actually I have stopped using it coz the cord is too short and i might as well just use the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    Make sure you then push enter
    Guess I missed that first time thru - I'd better pour a second cuppa!
    Cheers Mate

Hi Benny:
    yah! Nice Screen layout/design!
    Bloy

If any of the guys who I have already sent it to, could host it for me and post a url that would be good.

Bloy, I have emailed it to you as you requested in your PM

Benny, if you send it to me, I'll put it up for everyone.

Paul has just posted in the downloads section.

http://cnczone.com/modules.php?name=...=visit&lid=195

You must press "visit link" in the "extras" part of the page.

When You unzip the file you must read the easy instruction text or you will not get it to work.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the offer DAB....

The spider was a nice touch, yikes!

Benny, I am not using Mach2 yet. but from just looking at your screen display in this post, you show an incremental jog button. I don't see a way to set the jog distance.

Trent

Thats really cool man, but do you have a 1024x768 version? my monitor on my cnc computer doesnt support 1280x1024.

I loaded it up and some of the buttons were not present.

Jon

Page 1 of 3 123