586,102 active members*
2,970 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Curved Surface Toolpath

Unhappy Curved Surface Toolpath

i have just started learning mastercam and i need help creating the toolpath of the curved surface on this assignment.

working on mastercam x2.
    any help is much appreciated.
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I run V9.1, perhaps you could post a jpg or .pdf image.

regards

i am attaching some screen shots and an eviewings drawing exe from which i created the geometry. i want to know what tool to use, how to create the toolpath and feedrate and other information to machine this part.

i am using a C-tek KM-80D milling machine and a PC-based conversational controller CNT830 and mc x2.
    thanks

I think your WCS not right for stock setup

You could try Toolpaths/surface roughing/Rough Radial toolpath... to see what happen to your geometry

Tool Collision

Here is the file. used radial rough then followed up with a scallop finish. Did not know what the material was so feed and speed are not set. plus need to know what the max spindle is on the machine. usde a 15mm bull and 13mm ball. Oh I fixed the stock setup,as kiemkhach was right it was set to the wrong WCS.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

material will be aluminum, max spindle speed is 6000rpm.
    just a question, what would be the spindle speed and feed rate if the material was wood.?

Urgent Attention Please

thanks for the earlier file. but i have a problem
    i am limited to using only the 12.0mm ball end mill for both roughing and finishing operations because the initials tools are not present.

i have updated my exact tool parameters as well but having problems regenerating the operation(level 2 is required for surface machining )

can someone regenerate and post back pls.! and if the tool paths got corrupted can you kindly fix that,
    thanks

Are you doing this at work.? Sounds like you only have a level one mastercam.
    only supporting 2D and 3d limited wire paths.
    Here is the regenerated paths.and I changed the step over to .4 from .3 and updated the gap setting to help keep the tool down.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks cadcam. Yah i just have level one mastercam. Have just started learning CAD/CAM.