586,103 active members*
3,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MPC03 , MPC05 chinese controllers

Hi,

I want to buy any of these boards in order to build a laser engraver. Could you, tell me, please, where I can buy. I sent several e-mails to Chinese sites where I found out these boards offered to selling but did not got any answer since several days. Here in Romania are two importers of Chinese lasers but none of them do sell spare parts to others than those who bought a machine from them. They refused to sell to me.

Thank you.

Zoltan

Why not use a hobby cnc or gecko drive?

I do not need the drivers, I need the controllers

Hi,

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I do not need the drivers. I need the controller in order to control the laser head. This kind of controller through its software driver works like any printer just that it has outputs - drivers, laser & others devices and inputs for limit switches, etc. As Mach3 is not doing raster (some people are saying it does - not clear for me how; I must check the laser engraving plug-in in order to confirm either of, but for sure not smart raster) I plan to use lasercut5 directly from Corel and doing raster for engravings. In order to do this the laser output of MPC03 or MPC05 has a modulated TTL output for the laser head. I understood that wincnc is doing raster (including smart raster) also through its PCI & daughter boards but is more expensive. Another option would be solustan but I really could not figure out how it works, also, is more expensive that this Chinese path - lasercut5 & MPC#.

Any opinions?

Zoltan

Zoltan,
    Please contact me at e-mail: [email protected],I can answer your question.

Mongkol

I am confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mongkol View Post
    Zoltan,
    Please contact me at e-mail: [email protected],I can answer your question.

Mongkol
    why not post the answer here so all that are interested can learn?
    Jim J.
    Guys, I swear I would look it up for myself, but the goat ate my manual.
    CAMaster Cobra 408 Rabbit HX3040 Aspire

Leetro for MPC03, MPC05 and others

I actually know the owner of Leetro in China personally and have his email address. He is a very good business man and would not or would not have one of his employees ignore your messages on purpose. Have you found the cards yet? If you PM with what you need, and your phone number I will have him or a representative call you. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
    Hi,

I want to buy any of these boards in order to build a laser engraver. Could you, tell me, please, where I can buy. I sent several e-mails to Chinese sites where I found out these boards offered to selling but did not got any answer since several days. Here in Romania are two importers of Chinese lasers but none of them do sell spare parts to others than those who bought a machine from them. They refused to sell to me.

Thank you.

Zoltan
    Tom Winters
    www.the-lasersedge.com

I just saw you had two posts in this thread. DO NOT GO WITH SOLUSTAN. I hate to talk negative about any company, but with them I do not care. I have my reasons. Let's just say i have had a big project with them in the past and they could deliver plus some!

Go the lasercut route and I may just have something tasty for you as far as software is concerned by the beginning to middle of next month.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
    Hi,

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I do not need the drivers. I need the controller in order to control the laser head. This kind of controller through its software driver works like any printer just that it has outputs - drivers, laser & others devices and inputs for limit switches, etc. As Mach3 is not doing raster (some people are saying it does - not clear for me how; I must check the laser engraving plug-in in order to confirm either of, but for sure not smart raster) I plan to use lasercut5 directly from Corel and doing raster for engravings. In order to do this the laser output of MPC03 or MPC05 has a modulated TTL output for the laser head. I understood that wincnc is doing raster (including smart raster) also through its PCI & daughter boards but is more expensive. Another option would be solustan but I really could not figure out how it works, also, is more expensive that this Chinese path - lasercut5 & MPC#.

Any opinions?

Zoltan
    Tom Winters
    www.the-lasersedge.com

Hi all,
    What about "testra" controllers?! Yes, it is more expensive than (Linkmotion + MPC6515) to print the job directly to the machine but with "testra" controller you can do both raster and victors in one go
    If there are any alternative please, advice.

Ahmed