586,089 active members*
3,965 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    I have one month tryng to put it to work, now we are rechecking the grounding because i´m having a fault that don´t let the thc work properly. The cut was made with out the thc, I used a screw to move up and down manually the floating torch.
    Luis

Can you post more pics of the gantry build. Very impressive and very nice paint on the machine. The gantry looks alot like one I have seen on sale on another website.

You can see that photos in the 1st page of this thread, also can see it at my webpage www.lamicron.com
    Now after working the plasma with the machine I think the gantry should be ligther, and all that dust.....!

Cutting a redskin indian:
    [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lFYcvh98u0"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lFYcvh98u0[/ame]

Cool Plasma cutter.

Luis,
    Nice work. Do you use Thermal Dynamic plasma with manual torch? Which model? Does it have THC system for this video?

Appreciate you
    Mongkol

Fantastic! Is that Mach 3 running?

No,this cut was made in my first table, it doesn´t have a THC , The plasma is a thermal Dynamics Power pack, and Mach3 ver. 3.041

Some cuts

Some cuts from my tables, Harley Davidson 1/8" HR, The redskin 1/8" HR, support plate 1/4" HR , and the other part (like butterfly) is a motor carter protector for a V Strom Suzuki motorcycle. (before bending)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04067.jpg   DSC04041.jpg   DSC03716.JPG   DSC03849.JPG  

When making a circle the cut look like a saw, the line is not smooth, anyone with this problenm before?
    Thanks
    Luis

Lamicron, Coud you send me the file for the V-Strom motor protector. I have a k5 DL1000. I noticed your location is Columbia. Is that South Carolina?

Hi Rhino, COLOMBIA Southamerica,
    I have the filein corel hope you can open it, there is another piece to hold the protector, i{ll send it later, )did not find it!!
    regards
    Luis
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Luis, I got it. Looks good.

Regards
    rick

Well, I was making a plasma - router table, but after working with thye plasma and the water table, I found that cleaning and changing to router was a hard work, and I ended making another machine with almost the same config , changed the linear rails and the heigth of the gantry. I was really happy with the rsults of thje plasma table, but now I´m really , really happy , with this new toy, and now it becomes like a vice, to build these machines, Im going now to cnc a benchmill, but by now , this is my new toy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kfRUpjpuBw"]YouTube- 3d router cnc[/ame]

Hi guys,
    Excelent work and great design, is realy beautiful

I want to build a plasma cutter, but I need help me in the building.

Thank you and regards from spain.

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    Well, I was making a plasma - router table, but after working with thye plasma and the water table, I found that cleaning and changing to router was a hard work, and I ended making another machine with almost the same config , changed the linear rails and the heigth of the gantry. I was really happy with the rsults of thje plasma table, but now I´m really , really happy , with this new toy, and now it becomes like a vice, to build these machines, Im going now to cnc a benchmill, but by now , this is my new toy.
    Good work! How long did it take to finish that bull in the video?

Hola Luis!!

I am going to build my first cnc xy plasma table with steppers. I know about CAD design, mechanics and a little about electronics. Can you tell me what are the first steps I must follow besides the design?

Felicidades por tus trabajos!!
    Thanks
    Jose - Mexico

The bull takes one hour to get done.
    Jesus , if you need help send me a PM and we can talk spanish. also for Jose, I´ll be glad to give some help
    Luis

PLasma / Router Table

I will be building a 4 axis combination router / plasma table ( 4 x 8 ) with a CANDCNC 4 Axis kit.

I would be willing to share in the table build process with others. We have in-house machining capabilities for the various supports / brackets, etc., that I can provide for others interested.

As a rookie any and all suggestions on the type of guides,rails, etc., will be appreciated .

Regards,

Enrique

Enrique, <as <you can see I made two machines, I was thinking of using the same machine for both , but a few things make me change , the water tank, i had to take it out , the cleaning for both operations, change of wires, torch, router. Also the wiring for the plasma needs to go to ground road, the sparks with the wood , etc. Then i decided to go for two machines. Now I know that you cant use the same ball rails for the plasma , because of the metal dust, and the water, i really like the bearings over the plate, I can clean it easier, and if have to change its very easy and unexpensive.
    Luis

Luis,

Thank you for the advise, I will have to consider building two machines. Do you have any pictures of your machine ?

EM

Page 2 of 3 123