586,110 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OT/Yang Lathe memory problem?

Fanuc OT/Yang Lathe memory problem?

Help needed please!

I am getting an alarm code 910, which the good book says cannot be reset via keys. Running Fanuc OT on Yang ML-15A lathe. It says it is "RAM parity error is related to low-order bytes. Replace memory PC board". What to do???

Any help appreciated.

Al

714 998 7500
    [email protected]

Only way to get rid of this alarm is by clearing memory by holding "RESET" and "DELETE" keys while powering the control on. That's the easy part. Then you will have to reload parameters manually or by RS232 if you have it backed up. If you don't have the backup data, please contact machine builder to get a generic list. If you do have a backup, please check our website on how to upload.
    http://www.kfasllc.com/memory_backup_restore_F0.htm

Thanks. We went down that route when we had to add memory chips last year, so we should be OK. Thanks so much for your advice. I will keep you informed of progress.

Al

The turret alarm lights when changing tools, and doesn't select correct tool #'s. We have a 12 tool turret. What parameter numbers for the turret?

Do we need to change parameters in the diagnostic parameter area?

Again, any help greatly appreciated.

Al

It's not in fanuc parameter. Have you enter PMC parameters on Diagnostics page? Usually from DGN 300 to about 450. This is where you specify all machine side settings such as # of turret stations and timers etc. If you do not have this list, you need to get it from the machine builder.

I've reset the parameters in diagnostics page and now when i turn the pump on i get a light for4 low p. and when i rotate the turret the turret light comes on.
    Please help.

Almost there! Our only problem remaining is that the machine is now in mm rather than inches. How do we go about changing this, as we have tried what normally does it in the book? Thanks again.

On the setting page, (where you set parameter write enable etc.) look for "input unit = (0 for mm and 1 for inch)". Set that to 1 for inch input.

thanx

Thank you for all your help!
    Machine is up and running fine.:rainfro:

910 Ram Parity

Hey. I have the same problem. I turn the machine by pressing "Reset" and "Delete", and the alarm (910 Ram Parity) is not cleared. I can do?

Re: Fanuc OT/Yang Lathe memory problem?

Hi fanuservicetech I have a Yang SML 20 of course was told a good running machine fanuc ot-d control turret is not oriented correctly.help I have a tech friend helping it is over his head!! He doesn't know what perameters etc
    Capt Bob Panhandle Fl.

Re: Fanuc OT/Yang Lathe memory problem?

It probably runs a hydraulic and not a servo turning turret, these older taiwan machines often do. You then have to mechanical turn the turret in position, who is the manufacturer of the turret? Golden sun?