586,116 active members*
3,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > Simple Overview

Simple Overview

Just a simple overview of the XR software that I've been using. It's not a review by an experienced machinest by any means but just a view from a newbie (which most of us are).

http://www.coldfusionracing.com/CNC/Onecnc.htm
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

Also has been added here- http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...ticle&artid=20 . Great job BTW!

Very Nice Andrew. Great job.

By the way the Iges glitch you spoke of has been fixed. And will be include in the next update due out very soon. So I'm told.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hey admin, why is there nolink to this review in the review forum?

Well written CF.

Their is a link to the "magazine" which as all the articles including this one.

What machine did you use to cut that part out?

My own cnc router. 1/4 carbide 2flt, 14k rpms, 6ipm, .08 per pass.

What amazes me is that COld Fusion is only 14 years old. The insight that he has is that of a seasoned machinist and has over achieved his peers. I would like to nominate Cold Fusion for "Rookie of the Year Award." like in pro Sports. LoL

Actually LFlorin, I just had a birthday on the 26th so now I'm 15.

Hey Happy B-Day from all of us.

Well Andrew (C.F.) after reading your comments on the OneCNC software I decided I wanted to find out more, so I sent them a request for a quote. They called me back the next day but I was not home to take the call. I got another call from Juliana yesterday so I called her back today. I figured if a company is willing to call me back twice just to talk to me about their software with no commitment to buy, they are worth having a talk with.

I am scheduled to have my online demonstation tomorrow morning. :banana:

Carl

Exclamation Jhowelb

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    Well Andrew (C.F.) after reading your comments on the OneCNC software I decided I wanted to find out more, so I sent them a request for a quote. They called me back the next day but I was not home to take the call. I got another call from Juliana yesterday so I called her back today. I figured if a company is willing to call me back twice just to talk to me about their software with no commitment to buy, they are worth having a talk with.

I am scheduled to have my online demonstation tomorrow morning. :banana:

Carl
    vERY FRUSTRATING!! NO PRICE DATA!!
    That, by itself is a put off!!
    (I AM impressed by the young man, at 62 I can only wonder!)

jhowelb, I believe that most companies don't displays prices on their website because Cam software is not something you just drop in and buy. Of course it's going to take a lot of time on the phone and a couple demos, so while you are talking to them about your interest in the product, their discuss prices.

After working with Onecnc for over 6 months, I've got some new thoughts. It's even better then when I started! The best thing I've noticed is that no matter how crappy the imported file, or how odd the job is, the software always comes through with a perfect toolpath. I've done over 150 different parts, and not one time has Onecnc ever introduced an error into the toolpath. Since I do 10-20 parts at a time, it's important to be able to walk away from my machine. The problem is, most of the time it's my very first time cutting that particular part. With reliable software, I can trust the simulation to be absolutely right and not be afraid to set the machine and leave.