586,069 active members*
3,745 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Post processing.....

Post processing.....

Thanks Rodney! I'm up to my ears in snow right now. Snowed in big time. My wheelchair ramp has 8" and we may get up to 15" before it is all done. The info you sent has been a great boon at keeping away cabin fever. That said, am I reading right?

$MAXBLOCKS

"The maximum number of blocks to be written to the output file. If the NC program requires more than $MAXBLOCKS blocks then the output file is split into 2 or more files. The files are numbered sequentially using ...."

This with a little more code telling the mill it must raise Z out of harms way, and stopping at only certain points before the max number, could give a pseudo drip feed to Crusader Ms without all of the hand coding... I'm laughing at that revelation because it will be months before I am anywhere at that level where I could write it.

I can see a sub forum just for this line of Dolphin speak.

I can get N numbers now. Lot of work to change everything to get N numbers in the Macro/Rules, but worth it for trouble shooting. All my entries don't have N numbers yet, still hunting down all the places that rule needs to go.

DELTA!!!!!

The snow is 10" deep on the ramp and all the way to the shop. We're to get fur more inches. Too bad, or I'd make scrap right now. All lines have N numbers now and progress by 5s not 10s.

Found out how to absolute the I/Js (I think, I could just be making more crop circles) The code looks like it is working.

Got spiral drilling turned on. Won't know if that works with my control until I can get back out to the shop. The control manual says it will do thread milling, so it should also do spiral drilling.

Playing with arc quadrant and vector. Need to get to the shop to see what each does though. It'll be days until I see just how bady my changes make crop circles though. I now have enough knowledge to be dangerous. Too bad that Supermax mill won't fit in my house.

Rodney, I'd still like to see what your man can get me though. He knows a lot more than I can learn in a day. Time for me to buy another seat and install it in the shop computer. Be a lot easier to make changes out in the shop and see the results right away versus hoofing a thumb drive back and forth.

Snow will be coming in tonight. Not that much though. Has the post processor manual helped you at all so far? Will have the post over to you soon. Bare with me here. Few unexpected things popped up over the past few days.

Talk soon, let me know if you need anything else.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Yeah, got the manual this morning. Why I said Thanks!. Not a whiny snide thanks at all. Kept the cabin fever at bay. That is where the N numbers have came from. I also found how to do absolute and incremental (I think) on the I/Js. The manual is like that stone they found that explains different ancient languages. Time for bed.

"edit": dbl post