586,588 active members*
2,907 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

T-slot dimensions for taig mill

I've been looking around and I can't seem to find this info. Anyone knows (or can measure it)?

I'm asking because I have a taig on order and I'd like to purchase a t-slot clamp set (I know I could make some, but I'd rather work on making the parts I bough the taig to make ;-). There is a set on ebay for 3/8 slots with 5/16 studs, I'm pretty sure the nuts will not fit, and I might be willing to make those, but I'd like to make sure the 5/16 studs will fit.

Thank you.

Bottom of the T (upside down T) is 1/2" wide by 1/4" high, top is 1/4" x 1/4"
    The small metric set from LMS will work, and there's a rather expensive set by dearmond that is meant for the Taig as well. Most people make their own flat nuts from 1/2" wide flat stock.

Quote Originally Posted by svarzaru View Post
    I've been looking around and I can't seem to find this info. Anyone knows (or can measure it)?

I'm asking because I have a taig on order and I'd like to purchase a t-slot clamp set (I know I could make some, but I'd rather work on making the parts I bough the taig to make ;-). There is a set on ebay for 3/8 slots with 5/16 studs, I'm pretty sure the nuts will not fit, and I might be willing to make those, but I'd like to make sure the 5/16 studs will fit.

Thank you.
    Nick Carter
    Largest resource on the web about Taig lathes and mills
    www.cartertools.com

Contact me at gabi.balsanu at rdslink.ro (remove at) and I will send you a Tiag inch scale (entire mill with accesories) or better contact Nick and he will tell you where to see (and dld) that file.

Gabi