586,121 active members*
3,761 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Flashcut to Mach conversion: boards?

I've got an older (circa 2000) FlashCut system hooked to a ShopMaster/ShopTask Eldorado 2000. I've now figured out many of the features, but I'm quite disappointed in the older versions of FlashCut - they seem extremely limiting.

I've downloaded the newest FlashCut version, but it won't work without an expensive update to my controller. It still doesn't seem quite as functional as I'd expect.

After some flddling around with different software, it seems that Mach has an edge with the number of people who are doing interesting hacks with it, and it seems more widely supported. I very much like the "wizards" which seem to be just what I need for quick projects without firing up the whole CAD program to do really simple stuff that crops up on a daily basis. The folks at Artsoft say that I can hook my parallel port directly up to the stepper controller with a bit of work.

What I'd like to do is find out if there is a board that anyone sells which has the correct pinout conversions between the two DB-25 connectors, and possibly has the Molex-style connectors for my limit switches so I can just plug-and-play. It would save me a day or two of cursing and logic probing and soldering, which is all fine and good but my time is somewhat limited for trial-and-error wiring, which from past experience takes 10x(time) what I expect it to.

JT

We have a conversion card to match the Flashcut pinouts to use with our standard line of MACH based MP1000C-THC and general breakout products. A lot of the older machines that used to use Flashcut kept the same (strange) pinout. The limits need to be handled another way. All our cards have terminal inputs (isolated) for Homes and Limits and are setup for use with MACH. Give me a call or e-mail.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com