586,616 active members*
2,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 5 345

MC433 is Duff

Hi Guys i have unfoutunatly bought one of these cards and yes it does not work either. i was wondering how many people out there have bought one and how many have failed or got it to work, i would like to run a tally just to see :idea:

I have not seen even one who has gotten it to work....no posts that are positive except from the company rep LarryG. I would like to see it work as it is an attractive card but pretty just dont make the payments. No further post made as yet on firmware for months... apparently they are hoping someone can figure it out and fix the mess....Good luck with yours....I would suggest return the one you have and pray for a refund and buy a gecko the price is close but support is stellar.

Hi Blackbeard52

Can you send me a personal e-mail please [email protected]

what do you think of this???

"""The MC433 is our first generation design. We've sold over 800 boards and generally most customers are happy. There are
    a number of issues though that effect operation. It sounds to me like your board maybe malfunctioning. Note that we
    only use genuine parts.

1. For high current applications heat sinks and forced air cooling is required.

2. The PWM frequency is set fairly high to reduce ambient noise. PWM chop duty cycle is dynamic with step rate. As the step
    rate increases the duty cycle changes to counteract Back EMF. The design is open loop - load current is not directly measured so
    the control algorithm must infere the expect current load.

3. The PWM signal structure is on long enough to allow the current to raise to the correct target level after which it is chopped with a
    duty cycle set by the step period. Because the design is open loop we must reduce power to each coil as the step period grows.

4. The new motor control software (which is in test) uses a different PWM algorithm that is faster, higher resolution and very stable.
    The new software also does away with the pots and uses a script based parser that calculates PWM settings based on coil
    resistance, inductance and drive voltage. The host can also communicate with the AVR on real time and change settings
    on the fly.

5. We plan to release the MC533 in about three months. The MC533 will be a four axis board supporting a 6A/phase, 50V bipolar
    microstepping controller (we have the new controller running in house already) and have provision for a G version upgrade using
    either our SAM48 ARM7 board or P0 400MHz Blackfin DSP board. The MC433 will be discontinued as soon as the MC533 is released.
    Thanks for your input.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Steve Swift
    SOC Robotics, Inc.
    """

that is as good as saying it dont work!!!

roger

Yep I agree........RUN!!!!!!!!!! Far Far away

B

i believe they work great , 800 customers can't lie
    its just too bad that all of us on cnczone who have bought them can t figure out how to run them
    maybe we arent technically minded enough for such complicated equipment

call me a pessimist but i highly doubt Larry will hold up to his promises he came onto this thread with , which to me shows a complete lack of integrity from an already deceptive business
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Is this the same guy? And for only $4,000 dollars he'll sell yoou smoke and mirrors.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-Mini-Mill-Ma...d=p3286.c0.m14

Smile The guy on eBay with the router is a different person, he is kewl.

Guys,

The guy on eBay with the router is a different person, he is kewl.

Please don't bad rap him because his company name is almost the same.

He is on the Zone and lives in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.

Check it out.

Jeff..

it is a different guy
    he posted on this thread in order not to have any bad rap fall on him for having the same name
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Uhhh..I suppose this is 'kinda' for Larry...

on 08-05-2008 01:13 PM, you mentioned..
    4) Want a video?? Fine..it will be done by one of your own and posted. I'll get on that right now.

I was wondering how that was coming...

and secondly,
    on 08-06-2008 09:36 AM, you mentioned..
    That also is completely not true...You can easily read through this thread and CLEARLY see that we have given refunds. I don't think that is a fair criticism.

To this point I have been hoping for a new firmware to make the unit I purchased work with larger than size 17 motors, and it's been a while, well, not quite a year, Xmas is still a bit away..
    anyways..
    I'd like to request a refund of purchase price as 'promised' firmware updates have been supplied, and unit is definitely 'not as advertised'..

You can reply here or contact via private message at your choice..
    still 'patiently waiting'...

..enjoy..

its been brought to my attention that modular-cnc on EBAY AKA Modular CNC on CNCzone may have taken some rap over this thread ,

its unfortunate that an honest man has to share a name with crooks who call themselves modularcnc rather than using their company name which is SOC machines .

the two companies are not anywhere near the same or affiliated and i hope the true modular-cnc the best and i do hope that noone gets the two companies confused

let me make this clear
    CROOKS modularcnc http://www.soc-machines.com/
    GOOD GUY modular-cnc http://www.modularcnc.com/index.php?p=home

i hope this clarifies things for anyone who has questioned Andy about his site ,i'd hate to see an honest man take the brunt because of a corrupt company

btw still waiting for that video showing those drivers running high amp motors , or any motors for that matter

Hi Dertsap & Jalessi,

Thanks for clearing that up.

I was fortunate enough to get the domain name modularcnc but when I went a few days later to change my eBay name I was too late.

I only sell mechanical items, it's what I'm good at. I try to sell an affordable product that works great. My items may not lokk fancy and producty but they do work and for a great price. I do know my way around the electronics but have no interest in soldering or making boards. I'll leave that up to the guys that are good at it like Xylotex and Hobby CNC.

Check out my blog at http://modularcnc.blogspot.com/. I offer some good information about getting started in CNC.

Thanks Again,

Andy
    Modular CNC

wish you the best and i honestly hope this hasnt become a thorn in your side

Oucccchhh.... Andy

It may be good business advice to invest in another name... That name will definitely hurt. Not only are they bashed here but pretty much all over Google. Good luck with your products in this economy you will certainly need it....

Bob

Page 5 of 5 345