586,105 active members*
3,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 5 123

burned on ebay by modularcnc ?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...EOIBSA:CA:1123
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...EOIBSA:CA:1123

so i caught these at the last minute and had to buy at such a low price , this guy has been selling 4 axis boards for some time and he's a local boy , can t go too far wrong or can i .
    modularcnc sells a number of things on ebay and has a website selling crap as well ,anyhow modularcnc sent me a tracking number which says it will be delivered feb 29 also it shows the package as being in ontario which seems funny both of us are 1/2hr apart in british columbia (other side of the country) , i gave it a couple of weeks after the supposed delivery date and emailed him asking what was up this was his reply

Canada Post always shows the same message - once the shipping information has been entered. We delayed shipping this item due to a software upgrade which is now complete - sorry about the delay. You should receive this item shortly. Note that we plan to release a free G Code application for the desktop shortly that will communicate with this board.
    Steve

- modularcnc

software upgrade ? this thing was supposed to be up for sale ready to go ,isn t that what ebay is about ? i dont give a rats ass about his gcode software i want what i paid for
    i emailed him the other day to see why it takes over 5 weeks to ship 1/2 hr away , NO REPLY !

clearly the guy couldn t handle the hit of a low bid on his crap or i would have had it by now

all in all i'm out 25 bucks which isnt gonna break me and i will give it to the end of the week before i hit paypal with this and get my money back.
    its not about the money it is the principles of it , dont throw shuff up on ebay if you can t afford to take the low bid hit

http://cgi.ebay.com/MC433-4-Axis-Ste...QQcmdZViewItem

this is the driver he normally sells ,i would highly recommend avoiding this
    guy , like i said i live 1/2hr away from this clown and its been 6 weeks ,ive seen a number posts on here asking about these drives, i'll have some feedback for them and i'm less than impressed , not a good way to run a business

NEVER had any problems from gecko
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

That's why you ALWAYS pay with PayPal when you buy on ebay. Thier claims process is MUCH simpler than if you paid with a credit card over the phone or no recourse for money order. Sorry about your luck, that's what negative feedback is for.

I paid $100.00+shipping for 1 of those, when I finally got in the mail it didnt even work.
    I did try to talk to them about a solution before sending it back, (I am not new to these things I have been around cncs for awile including maintaining 2 large Italian machines at work.)but maybe I missed something. The reply was it should work. I contacted paypal to get my money or a working product didnt care which they told me to do there email resolution thing. I got no more response from them ended up moving took 3 weeks to get internet service moved over and end I stil have broken driver board b/c I had to resolve it in paypals 30 daysomething. Lesson learned. I only deal with kelinginc or gecko.
    Jeff

I know how you feel, got one of these about two months ago, drive 17 size motors ok, with pots pretty well maxed, kinda turns 23 size, but makes 34 motors just shudder and shake...
    even tried their mc433 test utility, pretty poor performance, same motor, same software on an old superior electric pdt500 [1/10 step at 2a ], and the motor just sings beautifuly
    sent them a couple of emails, but no response...
    someone else here talked about a firmware upgrade that's supposed to fix this critter, , but haven't found anything as of yet..

to make a long story short...
    ordered 203V 's yesterday, this is 'supposed' to be a fun hobby, but not with this much needless irritation..

wanna trade a brand new MC433 for an obsolete PDT500, straight across??
    ok..I'll cover shipping..even..

good luck...

the only good thing about the MC433 is that I made it to a 300 post count!

post bad feedback on ebay

You guys should be giving him a bad rating on Ebay, so I don't get stuck buying something from him. I checked his feedback is it is stellar 100% positive.

as far as their seller feedback is concerned, I [unfortunately] _assumed_ that it would be a functional unit, and would have, at the very least, rudimentary support of some type..
    Shipping was reltively quick, I won mine beginning of november for $75.74 US plus shipping, which was fairly low..
    at least I'm only out around half of thier web site asking price..
    mine was serial#128445674 if it matters at all..it's boxed back up and in the 'try and get rid of on ebay' pile..

dertsap,

Check out his recent feedback. Looks like he has shipped that same item to other buyers. Took less than 3 weeks, and the auction ended AFTER yours.
    Of course, the other buyer paid $35.00, which was probably more of an incentive to ship...
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers

If the moron didn't want to get burned, he should have put a minimum bid or reserve on the product. Either way it's his problem and he should have shipped the product and eaten the loss.

Burned

Guys i think I was dupped as well.... I also bought one of these things and have been walking in circles waiting and emailing. Guess I will be learning the "Ebay may not always be your friend" lesson. Got the email today saying it had been shipped

Snail mail or something.....

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by aminear View Post
    You guys should be giving him a bad rating on Ebay, so I don't get stuck buying something from him. I checked his feedback is it is stellar 100% positive.

i also noticed the number of sales in comparison to feedback left for him ,

one more day and nothing , friday i drop bad feedback on two items and hit paypal for my money back and i will forever slam his crap anytime someone asks about his drives in the forums or elsewhere

so from the sounds of it if i do get the drivers they won t work anyhow
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

driver

Dertsap

Yeah I have gone to Paypal and filed a complaint. And went directly to MYEbay and gave a horrible rating. I cant claim he has crap as I havent recieved it yet... But If I do get it I will probably jet it right back and ask for refund...I have seen too many AH S**t it dont work for this company. Man it would be just as easy to produce a good product and sell it.

Bob

i hear ya

if i seriously needed another couple drivers i would have bought more from gecko rather than from a nickel and dime monkey , but this seemed too good a deal to pass up ,
    soppose it could have been worse , and it's the craps for anyone who already spent a hundred bucks and are left with electronic scrap or nothing at all ,sorry to hear your troubles guys

an update
    i sent the guy one last email last week warning him that i was hitting up ebay and paypal , he replied to that one and delivered these things personally , i will update on how well these things work , so far my opinion of it isn t too impressive ,this is clearly a product that was released before it should have been i have no reason to want to have to deal with updates or software to install into the processor on the drivers ,i just want simple plug and play as i got with my gecko's or other drives .
    its a jackass way to introduce a product because even if the potential of having a super product is there it will be tainted by pissed off customers who unwillingly were bata testers or never recieved the product

so ive connected the drivers and i must say it is a great product to use for clay pigeon substitutes , they sure as hell don t drive motors !

by now i am fed up with the whole thing and this garbage will do nothing but collect dust on the shelf till i ultamitely throw it in the garbage where it belongs

i like to be able to give the benefit of doubt to someone , the guy seemed quite presentable when i met him but this is just stupid

that product should be avoided at all costs in my opinion

Well Heck, I'll PayPal ya $10USD for them including shipping. Such a deal. Always like to play with cheap things until the smoke comes out. :-)

the board I received WILL drive nema 17 motors, but with very little torque or speed....but those seem to be the limit for them..
    At full clockwise on all three pots, it only draws around an amp..nowheres near the 10amp max rating indicated...
    another user here had apparantly [from what I gathered] received an upgraded firmware that solved his problems at the time..
    I haven't been able to get hold of that formware to try it though..

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to jump in and say hi. I want to start getting the word out that my company is not the same as eBay user modularcnc. I got the domain name of www.modularcnc.com first and when I went to get the eBay user name he had already taken. My eBay user name is modular-cnc and I sell mechanical components. I just don't want to get tied together with this guy.

Thanks, Andy

another user here had apparantly [from what I gathered] received an upgraded firmware that solved his problems at the time..
    I went to his website and found the firmware... Do you need it still?

Bob

i wouldnt mind seeing the firmware , can you post a link ?

www.so-machines.com

files you requested....

bob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 5 123