586,067 active members*
5,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: HAAS teaser

HAAS teaser

On the backcover of the latest Haas magazine "CNC Machining" there's a picture of a SL20/VMC ? Does anyone have any information on this new machine? I talked to my HAAS outlet and they have no information on it.

They're going to wish they hadn't published that photo (you won't be the last person to ask this question). It stopped me in my tracks too.

Look closer. It's just a Photoshop image of a bunch of different machines meant to tease you. It's not a new machine.
    Greg

What issue is this in?

I haven't gotten that issue yet.
    Would it be OK to post a pic? Or would that be a violation of some kind of Copyright?

The issue is 40, volume 12. Sorry I can't reproduce the picture for all to see but it says on the back cover "What's Next?" and "It's coming soon". With so many machine tool builders offering mill/turn machines, Haas must be considering marketing a machine like this.

And that issue is still not posted on the website. I wonder why the delay between print and PDF versions.
    Greg

How do you get the Haas magazine?

It says on the Haas website to contact your local Haas Factory Outlet to be added to the subscription list.

OK thanks. It sounds like that worked for you. I did that when I bought my new Haas mill last year. Have to try again I guess. Thx for the info!
    2008 Haas TM-1, 2009 TL-1

Wow, wow, wow! I just can't get over how bad the HFO experience is for some of you guys. I was getting the CNC Magazine back before I bought the machine and it's been coming ever since.

I think the local HFOs pay the distribution. Lemme' guess, Maxine: Selway? When Gene gets out of the clink, he needs to pay those boys a visit. They aren't representing the brand worth a damned.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    Wow, wow, wow! I just can't get over how bad the HFO experience is for some of you guys. I was getting the CNC Magazine back before I bought the machine and it's been coming ever since.

I think the local HFOs pay the distribution. Lemme' guess, Maxine: Selway? When Gene gets out of the clink, he needs to pay those boys a visit. They aren't representing the brand worth a damned.
    I too was getting the CNC Magazine before I purchased a HAAS machine. Interesting though they (the magazines) stopped when I purchased a HAAS machine... I have subscribed numerous times on the web also. Oh well....
    Jeff Lange
    Lightning Tool & Manufacturing, Inc.

http://www.haascnc.com/cncmag/explor...lumeNo=11#2007

The magazine can be viewed on Haas' website

I've bought three Haas machines and no magazine. I think it a west coast thing.

Did you guys get the advertisment card with the haas 5axis head porting machine? Anyone heard anything about that?

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That's the one

That's not the machine this thread is talking about. On the back cover of the latest Haas magazine there's a picture of what looks like a half turning center and a half machining center together as one machine and it says that this machine is coming soon. Maybe someone from Haas can respond to this.

I wonder what the repair cost would be on one of those Mori mill turns if you crashed it ... would it ever be the same?

Sometimes simplicity is a key to success.