586,068 active members*
4,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Introducing the "Xaser"- Low cost laser marking mill/router add-on
Page 3 of 4 1234

good timeing

I was just about to buy a 40 watt cnc system off ebay if i can just convert my new k2 router that would me good

When the new double power comes out, I'm in! Definatly want more info, save me one!
    MC

Website? NEED INFO ASAP! Google comes up with nothing good!

Ok, sorry for the delay guys. We are in the middle of a re-think on the lower power module. We may be scrapping the lower power unit as we have almost zero interest in comparison to the higher power unit.

The higher power units should be available in a few days. I am working on getting the video up also.

I will keep you guys updateded the next few days.

I am also interested in the more powerfull unit.

Thanks,
    John

I am also interested in more info when it is available.

Thanks,
    Russ

Me too, please send me information when the new higher power unit is available.

Thanks
    Jay

Me too

Let me know also when the higher power unit is available, sounds like a handy quick retrofit for any cnc machine!:rainfro:

Please post pics and/or videos

Is this product dead? I have not seen any info or products from the manufacturer yet other than two picts.

You know what they say- If it's sounds to good to be true then...
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

BRAVO WELL SAID.

Better home made than China Made. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by MrWild View Post
    I'd like to see a video before I'd commit. At the moment a old CD burner can give up it's lazer diode a lot cheaper and it does engraving in plastic, will burn through electricians tape and other interesting things. What makes your's better? If it is American made, more points. if it is chinese? Well, I'll need to see it out perform what I can cobble together with old parts before I throw wads of cash at China.

Quote Originally Posted by mlind View Post
    Better home made than China Made. :cheers:
    So what happens if you live in China?

So are these diode pumped neodymium yttrium orthovanadate crystals in a resonant cavity producing 1064 nanometers of coherent light or is there a frequency doubling non linear crystal such as potassium titanium oxide phosphate included in the cavity to produce 532 nanometer coherent light? The market for diode pumped solid state lasers has been driven by low cost green (532 nanometer) producing modules for the entertainment industry, so I am assuming some form of this type laser is being used? I think practical end pumping of the Nd:YVO4 would be 2 watts, and with a 60% efficiency (possible?) you could get over 1 watt of 1064nm if you are not trying to double the frequency. The big problem is that 1064nm is not absorbed as well as longer wavelengths such as carbon dioxide lasers (10600 nm) in organic materials such as paper, plastics and wood. I think this is one reason you are seeing darker woods mark better than lighter woods. Also, on clear acrylics, you might even have some of the energy pass through the material instead of vaporizing it. Some of this can be overcome by spoiling the quality factor of the resonant cavity (q-switching) but I think the tiny length of these cavities (under 2 inches?) and the high cost of q-switches and their RF drivers would make this unpractical.

Maybe soon the chinese will start to make fiber optic lasers. Then you will have a pocket sized laser producing 100 watts.

KTP do you have an english version of your post?

Keep me posted, sounds like a good low cost marking solution. You can get the chemicals on Ebay for marking metals.

@KTP - LOL!!

That was English I fully understood it. But I also am an old school Laser nerd.

KTP, This also could just be a 808 pump diode collimated. I would much rather just have 40W Co2. This sound like vapor ware to me. This guy doesn't seem to know much about laser.
    He should have fun dealing with the cdrh and getting a variance. Sends shivers up my spine thinking about a bunch of people with 2w of invisible light haphazardly burning stuff, their own eyes included..

Chad

after reading this thread I played around with diode lasers and I just don't see the power and/or efficiency as well as durability being there. I am looking for something relatively low-cost to cut thin ply and balsa on my CNC mill.

Jerry

Hi: guys

I’m also looking for laser to use to cut round disk out of acrylic 1/16’ thick, I need cut a lot of them, I was told 25 watt should do it. I have cnc table just need low cost laser
    You can email me with any suggestion
    (my email = [email protected])

Thanks
    jim

Still Watching this thread to see where it goes..
    No new news....

Well no news is good news right??? :wave:

>> vpcnc Still Watching this thread to see where it goes..
    No new news....

Page 3 of 4 1234