586,089 active members*
3,885 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

R2V3 power up issue Boss 10 control

I was just cuious..

I've been running my Bridgeport S1 R2V3 for a maybe a year off an on now.

running it at home powered with a phase converter like many. Have the 220 hots to L1 and L2 and the L3 has the power from the phase converter leg.

Anywho. I've powered up the machine many many times and lately it's started to hang up in it's initialation sequence.

Will display the standard "welcome to the smart bridgeport Boss control message" stuff on the screen with all the LED's on the control pannel on (like hold, spindle off ect)

Before these would go off pretty quick getting through the init cycle and wait for me to enable the drives and home.

how ever lately it's been hanging just sitting with that message up and all the LED's lit.

Looking on the control boards in the side cabinet all those LED's are lit as well.

Hitting the reset button does not do anything. Only thing that seems to solve it is shuting down the power and turning it back on. The second power up it almost always gets through the start cycle just fine and works for the rest of the time.

Just wondering if this might be a pre-curser to something failing. Apart from that the machine seems to be more dependiable then I ever thought it would have been. How ever now I've grown dependent on it so want to avoid trouble..hehe

No other real reason why it would behave like this. I don't think the ambient temps in my house/basement are any much different then it had been used to running in before.

Thanks for any help.

b./

I just got my Boss 10 up and running had the same problem, I couldn't get it through the initialation sequence either, and has the same exact stuff going on. I am also running on a pahse converter (arco cnc roto-phase) I slide each board out of the rack and re seated them. So far it has been powering up ok and getting through the initialation sequence quick. I know have to get the machine running the programs. I am using tera term and get to the part where I am suppose to hit spindle enable the program seems to start but nothing happens. Oh well another day of learning I guess.