586,112 active members*
2,986 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

CNCBridges Mini Mill Base

Did anyone ever get a CNCBridges Mini Mill Base? Did it work well? I realize discussions about this caused a furor here but it was an interesting product. Are there any alternatives available?

The guy has yet to start shipping, no one has ever gotten one of this forum or anywhere as far as I know.

I didn't follow all the sordid details, but from what I could tell it basically came down to a good product idea, with a lot of intense interest, that was possible to manufacture in small numbers without exotic equipment. Issue seemed only to be no follow-through from the builder.

Given that, it seems the only problem has a simple fix. Why doesn't someone else simply make them, or a close version of same? It's not like most of us don't have the workshops and skills for it. Was there something special about their production that was difficult to implement?

I agree Stepper, this didnt seem that hard to make by any of us, with maybe the exception of figuring out the epoxy mixture. But with all the info available on the Epoxy-Granite thread, it shouldnt be too hard to figure out. Although, for 500 bucks, it might be a bit tough to turn out at that price.

I was going to ask about this myself, but I feared my fire-suit couldn't handle the replies!(flame2)

I've gone to the website several times over the past few weeks and noticed that the Available list does change over time. Right now it says:
    Available:
    June - 6
    July - 8
    August - 8
    July - 8

So he's either actually shipping product or trying to look like he is.

tom

Hes not, I've emailed him for the past year, because I have a minimill column and head that is just sitting there. I bought it specifically for this base, and it's sat there the whole time unused. He said he would email me when he starts shipping. I figure either people are buying his stuff without realizing he has never shipped a thing, or hes just pretending to sell stuff. I dont care anymore.

P.S. The column and head with belt drive is for sale. Its brand new

I guess no one is making an X2 base with anything close to its Travel / Cut Area – X = 26.5”, Y = 8.625”, Z = 9”. I guess I should get an X3.

hey guys,im working on a similar x2 base with x=20,y=12 travels,its steel not epoxy and has 1 1/8 round steel linear guides,3/4 diameter lead screws,pretty beefy machine,the hard part is trying to make low cost as possible,as soon as i get the table finished ill post some pics,i got swamped with work and have to get back to work on it

I think Stepper Monkey summed it up well. It would not surprise me to learn that others are in the final phases of developement of a similar product.

Sorcheror, looking forward to you pics.

I may be the only one left waiting for DeWayne Harlow's base. Not sure. It was not last year that I paid for it. Sometimes many weeks go by without my thinking about it; thank goodness I was not relying on it to accomplish some important tasks. Recently, and for the first time, I broached the topic of a (true) firm date with Harlow. I will not let that date pass without chiming in here with the results. As to the numbers on the cncbridges web site, I, as a long time unfulfilled customer, must say they appear to be nearly meaningless. Unless these numbers now represent actual manufacture of bases, their main purpose, sadly, seems to be drumming up interest in the uninitiated. I hope I am wrong.

~ hoping to soon sing Harlow's praises ~
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by nine 16 View Post
    Recently, and for the first time, I broached the topic of a (true) firm date with Harlow. I will not let that date pass without chiming in here with the results.
    Mark
    prediction, the date will come with yet ANOTHER excuse from Harlow to keep you hooked.
    At least plenty of others have realized it's a scam and tried to get their money back.
    till the feds shut his site down, he will still lure suckers in with false promises
    of tables to be shipped, he has to get the money for refunds from somewhere.
    how many threads have to be started and P.O.ed replies will it take to wake up.
    i don't want to hear any crap about "only people who ordered should chime in".
    The Ralph Naders try to help keep others from being ripped off.
    there are plenty of people chiming in on subjects here that they aren't personally involved with, it's an open forum.
    add this one to these others

New X2 Mini Mill Base

Harlow,

I just placed an order for your x2 base with x,y and z.

Looks like it has promise. I will be patient as I "allow 30 days".

Anyone Having Problems Getting in touch with CNC bridges/Harlow Ind.??

Not Happy With- CNCBridges.com

Help please cncbridges got my money

Hey guys, I dont want to seem like a nanny, but I say let this go. There is enough info on this site to warn people away from purchasing his product, and we dont need another thread slamming the guy, since there are quite a few already. This topic got quite a few people really upset at each other, and we dont need that again.

So go away and dont come back..... To this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    So go away and dont come back..... To this thread.
    I'll warn people as much as I want chief, GOT IT?

Sorcheror, I am also looking forward to your pictures. You should start a new thread to avoid being confused with CNCBridges.

Sorcheror, I am also looking forward to your pictures and product. I would start a new thread so you are not confused with CNCBridges.

My name is not Chief, its pzzamakr1980. Got IT.

LOL!:violin:

LOL. But you see what I mean. I could have got angry and started another argument like those ones that went on in the original thread. Those were great entertainment.

Also, how could you ruin Harlows chances of suckering in another buyer and taking his hard earned money. I mean, hes put a lot of effort into seeming like a hard pressed business man. I'll leave it to you to decide what he actually is. Personally, I know how hard it is to start a new business, I'm trying it right now and its a PITA, but I also havent been taking 500 dollars and not shipping anything, which is where hes gone wrong.

I think that there is nothing wrong with this thread, if the company is acting disreputably, and as long as the information posted here is factual, and CNCZone ULA allows it.

I will say this: when something goes wrong, the state of it continuing to be wrong can often change.

IF the people at CNCBridges are taking money, and not delivering product, this would be a good time to make good on their deadlines and make it well evident, or return the customers money, or not expect to do business with anyone here again.

for what it's worth.. I did recieve my z axis from him.. it took several months and many emails of prodding but I did receive product..

I really don't see any need to rehash this guy again, or argue about it. Fact is, the guy didn't come through. Whether a nice guy who got in over his head, or a really poor attempt at a scam, it's irrelevant. We're done with him and good riddance.
    If every time someone mentions an extended base, we just get sucked into another cncbridges rehash, we likely aren't going to get much progress on building or finding alternative extended bases. This simply isn't about him, it was about extended bases.

One way or another, if the bases are going to exist, someone else is going to have to make them. Considering we have the skills, workshops, the polymer concrete research thread, and the need for the bases in the first place, it doesn't seem logical to wait around on the hope that some uninvolved outside source eventually decides to magically appear with some (and hopefully, be reliable).

We uniquely have the means, motive, and opportunity as well as the need. I don't see it lining up any better elsewhere. I too am interested in looking at Sorcherors solution.

Page 1 of 2 12