586,076 active members*
3,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6T spindle error

Hello,

I've bought a Hitachi Seiki 3Ne-300 Lathe,

Almost everything works fine but most of the time the spindle won't turn of (manually or with M30/M05) and the turret and tailstock won't move sometimes.

I think it's an electric error, someone who knows more of this problem ?

Thanks,

Aad Boers
    The Netherlands

Does somebody have the electrical drawings for this machine ?

I've found that there are 4 things behaving strange:

Spindle on/off
    Toolchange
    Tailstock
    E-stop

Sometimes they work perfect, sometimes they won't do anything. It looks like it's random, sometimes the spindle turns on and off and the turrent won't work, and somtimes it's the opposite or nothing works.

Who knows the problem or where I have to search ?

3NE 600

I have a 4NE 600 with fanuc 6TB control that may be equal. I have also just purchased this unit and am in the learning stages but may be able to help. The first thing that comes to mind is that the hydraulic chuck must be closed for the spindle to operate. (if switched on external...then open, this caused me a little time of searching) motor must have g code for gear (hi med low) G40 - G42, direction code M03 cw or ccw and speed S####, and no alarms.

I do have all manuals for my 4NE and if we go step by step this may be of value.

On my 3ne-300 i've found that the turret and the tailstock only work in a certain X-Z area, so that's fixed.

Only for the spindle problem I haven't found something yet. It still won't turn off some times. I've a feeling that the spindle drive is not getting a signal to stop sometimes.

M30 will be executed but still the spindle turns, M05 won't be executed (stays busy).

What should be the problem, or where do I have to look for? a sticking relay ?

Spindle will not stop

M30 is for end of program. I would try M02 (program end with coolant and spindle stop at the same time) or M03 (spindle stop), and then m30 ,also try to change the speed of rotation with a "S" command and see if it has effect.

I do have the maint. book from fanuc that gives the electric control breakdown, but it seems we should look at the programming first before finding a fault that may be an operator error ( I have, and still do,go down this path too often)

Turret movement X Y ? Does this seem to keep you out of the cutting area that you want to go to, or just away from the chuck and crash areas. There is a setting to limit the area that make sure you do not destroy parts or tools that can be adjusted. If this looks to be the case then I will try to understand the instruction and maybe email them to you out of the manual. (I did mention I'm on a learning curve too)

I don't think it's a programming fault anymore, because with a unchanged program it happens also sometimes.

Could you tell me which relay (on the board in the back) is for the stop signal ?

Fanuc 6T model B manual states that diagnostic indication number 042 is for spindle output signal (1 on - 0 off) on sstp (position 1)

To get to this function test
    Press "DGN" use number key to input 042, input, move curser to position with up/down buttons , press p 1 (or 0) (can to cancel) press input to output signal

I will also state that in my hitachi operation manual it shows diagnostic number 039 , first position pbspf,

This should allow you to see if the signal han been outputted to the control or not when the spindle continues to spin.

Send me a copy of your program and I will dry run on my machine to see if it does something strange. Give me the details as to where you adjust your zero reference (x y) and I will leave the tailstock at the end to be out of the area.

I'll try that today, thanks for the help so far.

Testing a program doesn't make sense because it's sometimes working sometimes not in the same program (without changes).

What are the all the conditions (in the ladder diagram) before shutting down the spindle?

Hello Aad
    I have same model lathe and it has lost parameters.
    Could you provide me a copy of those.

I will really appreciate.

Thanks
    Frank

Tell me how to display parameters and I will take from machine. I do have the manuals but they seem to be generic for Fanuc 6T control with all the set adjustments that you can have and not specific to this machine. I'm sorry that I can not help more, but am only a hobbist with a very large toy.

Just go in your key pad a push "param" key. It will show a screen with many rows like this 001 0101010, where 001 is the parameter number and following number (binary) its value. If you can read and note all of them will be great.
    These are a lot of parameters, i will apreciate if you can provide me with them.
    Also i think it could be some difreences with my machine so i think the best option is to get the parameteres from Aad Boer´s machine, by the way Aad i habe electrical diagrams for it.

Frank