586,036 active members*
4,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is 799 a good price for an X2 in Canada?

I was just looking at the Princess Auto site and saw that the X2 will be on sale with the next sale that starts on Tuesday. They seem to normally list it for $999 but will have it for $799.
    I could go to HF in Buffalo, but its a whole day to drive down, pick it up and then go through the border. And then, theres the gas...
    Anybody know of a better price in Canada for this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
    Anybody know of a better price in Canada for this machine?
    That's probably best price this side of the border. The sale price used to be $850. Maybe a sign Canadian retailers are slowly adjusting to the new exchange rates?

Before buying decide if the X2 is enough mill. Larger mills are easier to work with, if you don't mind the extra weight and can spare the space.

I live 7 miles from an American parcel/cargo service. Easy for me to say "just import from the US". Only you can judge how much hassle this might be at your end, or place a value on your time. Maybe PA's excellent return policy is the wild card here?
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclestart View Post
    I live 7 miles from an American parcel/cargo service. Easy for me to say "just import from the US". Only you can judge how much hassle this might be at your end, or place a value on your time. Maybe PA's excellent return policy is the wild card here?
    Lucky you...
    I'm about 2 hours each way but I figure, with the price of gas and taking a day off to go down, I might as well give my money to a Canadian company (even if it is Princess Auto). Probably less hassle to get warranty coverage if anything goes wrong. A lot of what Princess Auto sells is crap but the people sure are nice :rainfro: