586,089 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Need Wizard

Need Wizard

I am looking for someone that has a wizard for Mach3 Turn (OD Turning ) that has a section for entering as many passes needed to finish the OD part without having to add code for extra passes from the edit menu. Can anyone help?

mungaro

I'd be interested in this myself.
    I just use the "Teach" to code it and have to split the total depth into as many depths as I think it might need and code each by typing in the MDI of teach. Not hard at all for the simple parts I make, but I am looking for something easier for complicated stuff.
    Lee

LeeWay:

There has got to be a way or process of adding a picture or (I think a Macro) in the OD Turn routine to say "number of passes". That way, you do not have to keep editing the program.

mungaro

I agree and there likely is something somewhere. I was having a little difficulty with mach turn, so it may do what you want. I had 6 specific sized bushings that I make for various models of my blade guards. I needed them fast once I cnc'ed my little lathe. I did all 6 with edits to get what I wanted in about 3 hours. Some of that was actually running the lathe to test the code.
    As I mentioned, these are very simple bushings. They get a through hole first and then get machined and cut off with a parting tool.
    Like for the router and mill, I'm sure it will take some time to get Mach turn down. Does it not have a depth of pass?

My biggest trouble is the axis letters I think. I motorized my tail stock to drill and I call ity Y. X is my cross slide and Z is the lead screw.
    I am actually using Mach mill instead and just stole some peck drilling routines for the tail stock from Sheetcam on my mill. The other two axes were basically hand coded with teach.
    Lee

LeeWay

I am still trying to find teach on the Mach3 turn screen!!! All I wanted to do was fix an old Yam Lathe that had an old burnt out Anilam controller and play with it. Now, I am so involved that it is starting to get me a little upset because I am no cnc machine programmer. I own a Lagun vertical mill and two large multicam router tables with all of the processors built in. I just draw the part on Auto cad and convert it in bobcad to run on the mill. Multicam is about the same but multicam converts all of the dxf'sfor me. I just want to make the lathe user friendly for me to do R&d with. I just can't get the learning curve.

mungaro

I can help you make a wizard, but I do need to know what EXACTLY you need it to do, and I will tell you if it is doable, (at least by me).
    If you are already using the Turn Wizards and want to add in to those, the ability to repeat a cut a number of times, that part is easy.

scott

wizzard

poppabear10(scott)

The only thing that I am trying to do is:
    1. be able to cut a simple part on the lathe using multiple passes.

2. If the part is like a chess piece for example, where I can add rounds or archs on the piece something like a base or close to it. I just need to learn the CNC lathe. I have a cnc mill and use bobcad to address the gcode. The mill is a 6000 lb. Lagun. I also have a multicam router table and it does my programming for me . The lathe is supposed to be the simple part of cnc but I find it the most difficult.

Mark