586,341 active members*
3,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > From Radius to Diameter Programming

From Radius to Diameter Programming

I think my W&S WSU 12 is set fot radius programming. I am used to diameter programming on our Tsugami with a 6T control. The WSU has a 10TF controller. Is there a parameter to change or a code to put in the program? The reason I think it is set up for Radius is that on the x register if I move the slide 1 inch it shows movement of 1 inch not 2" as it should be in diameter programming. Thanks for any help.

Not sure what else has to change, never had to mess with it, but parameter #1006, bit #3 , if 0, radius is specified, if 1, diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by beege View Post
    Not sure what else has to change, never had to mess with it, but parameter #1006, bit #3 , if 0, radius is specified, if 1, diameter.
    All bits across param #1006 are 0's. Bit #'s are read from right to left starting w/ 0 correct? 0-7 from R to L ? I need to see if there is any others that need changing also. Thanks. Keith

So change the fourth bit from the right to a one, report back... You know about PWE, yes?

So change the fourth bit from the right to a one, report back... You know about PWE, yes?
    PWE ? Please explain. I am new to this control. Thanks,Keith

Parameter number 8000 (in "settings", MDI) has a bit labeled "PWE" (protect write enable or something). That bit has to be turned on, in settings, in MDI mode. Then, in Service mode, the other parameter is changeable. You should get an alert when you first change PWE, but set it back to zero when you're done, and hit reset, all will be well. I think then you have to power down and restart to make the change effective. But don't forget (write down) what you've changed. This might give you problems, though, if other parameters were written while in radius mode.

Parameter number 8000 (in "settings", MDI) has a bit labeled "PWE" (protect write enable or something). That bit has to be turned on, in settings, in MDI mode. Then, in Service mode, the other parameter is changeable. You should get an alert when you first change PWE, but set it back to zero when you're done, and hit reset, all will be well. I think then you have to power down and restart to make the change effective. But don't forget (write down) what you've changed. This might give you problems, though, if other parameters were written while in radius mode.
    I found out that there are other parameters to change also. CMR, DMR and GRD. I can locate CMR @ # 1820 but the others I can't locate. Thanks

It looks like # 1816 , bits 4,5 and 6 adjust DMR (detect multiplying ratio), but i haven't a clue as to what to chance here, and 1850 is "grid shift", which may be what GRD means.. Just looking at the book, don'tcha know.