586,075 active members*
3,871 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Tool changes in MadCam

Tool changes in MadCam

How do you do tool changes in MadCam? I select different tools for each operation (i.e. roughing, z-level finishing) however when I post to Mach3 the g-code appears not to have the tool change. What is proper procedure for tool changes in MadCam?

What version of Madcam are you using? What version of the Mach3 postprocessor?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Tool Change

Using latest version of MadCam4. Just downloaded this week. Postprocessor is Mach_3_Inch.

I'll test it and have Joakim take a look at it as well. I don't currently use tool changes so it is a little odd to me but we wioll get this worked out for you.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Tool Changes

Thanks, looking forward to the reply. It may be as simple as I am not using proper procedure. Procedure used is select tool1, then operation (roughing), then select tool2 for next operation (finishing). When post g-code, tool change is not shown.

I am not sure, but it could be that you haven’t saved the tools under different tool numbers. MadCAM will read the saved tools and create a tool change on every new tool number.

Joakim

Thanks for the reply and help. It works. Sometimes you know that it should work, however just unable to figure it out. Simple when someone points the way. Trial and error goes only so far.