586,111 active members*
3,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > post processor edit for hurco ncpp option

post processor edit for hurco ncpp option

I have been working on a hurco post and got the alarm "ncpp not purchaced" or something like that. Am I right to assume that this has to do with the nc part plane being selected with the g17? I am altering a post I already have from Cimatron, right now in IMS, but will be updating to GPP2 when I get time.

this is the first line of the out of the box post

G94 G98 G17 G20 G40 G15 G80 G49 G0 G50 G90 G54 G68 G67 M5 M9

and for a tool change i get this

T02 L2 M6

at the the end an M2

I am pretty unfamiliar with the hurco controllers, so any help would be appreciated. Most of my experience is with the fanuc family of controllers.

Danny

From what I see you are attempting to edit a post for the Hurco Basic NC. In my humble opinion you would do yourself a huge favor to forget it. Contact Hurco and purchase an option called ISNC (Industry Standard NC) which was developed based on Fanuc style programming. Grab any Fanuc mill post and you'll very close (and you'll have most of your hair in tact!).

ML97

ps: Very inexpensive
    as well.

not an option, not my mill, i am programming for someone else. i just have to work out a few bugs. it runs if i strip out the first line without tool changes... i didnt try to tool change.

Got it. Error refers to another option (NC Productivity Package) which adds the equiv. of User Macro B to Hurco programming. It's been awhile for me but seems you can only have four or five G codes on a line. Can't recall all the codes but most you have on that line are not recognized. I'll look around & see I can find a list for you. Just be aware that the codes they used don't work the way Fanuc codes do. Stand By.

Hurco merged the Basic NC & ISNC manual into one confusing bigger one so a G code list would be a pain to compile. If your post stays very elementary (G00, G01, G02 G03 etc. ) you might be ok. As I said take nothing for granted as the Basic NC was written by Larry, Moe & Curly.

ML97

hurco g code

here are some views from the hurco operator's manual. hope they will help. please note that hurco controls come with what is called "hurco basic nc". There are also two nc options available for the control, depending on the vintage of the control---isnc and ncpp. these options extend the nc capabilities to a "fanuc o" emulation and nc productivity package (fanuc macros). i could ship you the entire manual if it would be of help. need to know what control you are working with.

ron meyer 207-725-4790 [email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Page one.jpg   Page two.jpg   Page three.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files