587,028 active members*
3,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 32 789101119

Corner finder

Here is a you tube video of a corner finder variation of the center finding tool. This was posted by Joe on the Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid forum. Works great! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcHgKazSjyA"]YouTube - Zero Edge Finder[/ame]

-Ernie

What, are we moles? Give us some light on the subject, Joe! lol!

Great idea there, Joe and thanks for posting Ernie-

Dave
    Dave->..

Auto Zero and pendant

Hi all,

Another very satisfied CNCer having made the zeroing tool - many, many thanks to all the contributors to this thread and the others - I have read them all in my quest for understanding.

I have no problems following the macro code and have modified it to suit my machine and the way I work. However, I have just installed a shuttle express as a pendant and would like to have one of the buttons operate the auto zero. I have tried to find a reference to the probe button, using screen4 but cannot find one. Can anyone tell me how I can arrange for the pendant to operate the macro?

Many thanks,

Mike

Place the macro in the macro folder and call it from both the shuttle and the on screen button.

Greg

Greg,

Maybe I'm being stupid but on the drop down menu for the shuttle config, there seems to be only two macros listed, 'CustomMacro#1' and 'CustomMacro#2'. The macro that runs the probe is called 'HiddenScript'. Do I rename the 'HiddenScript' to 'CustomMacro#1'?

The macro and new screen set are all working fine as it is, I just want to be able to use the pendant also, for zeroing the Z axis. I am using the 1024-peu screen set and both the centering button and the Z zero button appear to call the same 'HiddenScript' macro yet they do different things.

There is something I am not quite figuring yet.

Thanks for chipping in,

Mike

Mike,

What I did was call it (the Probe macro) "M_Probe" and save it into the macro folder and then you point that out as your macro 1.

Dave
    Dave->..

Thanks Dave but I cannot find a way of calling the macro from the shuttlexpress config page in Mach3. I have all the other buttons assigned to X,Y,Z axes and one to jog increments, and they all work just fine, but I just don't seem to be able to find a way to assign a macro to the fifth button.

Mike

Oh, ok, can you possibly give me a screenshot of your setup program for the shuttle?

I actually have the shuttle pro and I assumed it was basically the same.

Dave
    Dave->..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    Greg,

Maybe I'm being stupid but on the drop down menu for the shuttle config, there seems to be only two macros listed, 'CustomMacro#1' and 'CustomMacro#2'. The macro that runs the probe is called 'HiddenScript'. Do I rename the 'HiddenScript' to 'CustomMacro#1'?

The macro and new screen set are all working fine as it is, I just want to be able to use the pendant also, for zeroing the Z axis. I am using the 1024-peu screen set and both the centering button and the Z zero button appear to call the same 'HiddenScript' macro yet they do different things.

There is something I am not quite figuring yet.

Thanks for chipping in,

Mike
    No your not being stupid. I should have explained a bit more.

Macros that are run from an onscreen button or what I call "button scripts" are stored in the screen set file. Strange, I know, but there you go.

Copy the script to a text file and name it M621.m1s the number does not matter but choose one that is not already in use.

Place this file in the macro folder with the name of the profile you are using (Mach3Mill)

In the shuttle config just put 621 in the custom macro field.

For the button script use Code "M621" and this will call the macro from the folder.

If using any script from more than one place eg. on screen button, on screen button on another page, shuttle pro etc, then it is best to just call it in each case from one place.

This avoids the problem when making an alteration to it, as I do from time to time, forgetting to do it in all of multiple instances. Keeps it all neat and in one place.

Greg

Greg,

Many thanks for the explanation, maybe I'm not going mad after all Unfortunately, it is late over here and I have just turned all the machines off, so I shall try this tomorrow and report back.

Dave, thanks also for your contribution, with a bit of luck, Greg's advice will work and there will be no need for screen shots etc.

Goodnight,

Mike

What do you mean.......... it is only 9 o'clock in the morning. (nuts)

lol!

Good luck, Mike-

Dave
    Dave->..

It's 9 o'clock in the morning over here now!!

Everything is working fantastically - despite reading through all of the threads on the subject, I just could not find the answer to the shuttle configuration question. Greg's succinct and prompt reply was just what I needed. It never ceases to amaze me that a problem here in the UK can be solved in seconds by someone in Australia - brilliant or what?

Many, many, many thanks.

Mike

A thousand thanks...

I built the XYZ proble last night using the information from this thread and it worked perfect the first time! Probably the coolest thing I've added to my machine in a long time.

Thank you so much for all the help that was provided in this thread. And many thanks to Ernie for creating and posting the code.

Take it easy-

Brad

Hello
    How can i change the speed on the motors ,when i use this prob.....

best regards
    Stefan

Stefan

Take a look at post #66. It shows how to open the script for the Y direction probe. On line 7 of the script you will see Code "F4" which sets the feed rate. If you are running a metric machine this is a very slow feed rate. Change the 4 to a larger number and your machine will speed up.

Hope this helps.

-Ernie

Just had to give a big thanks to erniebro and everyone else for inspiration.:cheers:
    This is the coolest thread.
    Made a couple mods to the codes for my machine but wouldn't have had a clue
    without all the examples posted here.
    Thanks and keep up the great work.
    Hoss

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NpC4Qlbu50"]Auto Edge and Z Finding with Isolated Probe[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqciex7lVaA"]Auto Corner Finding with Isolated Probe[/ame]
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Is there a probing 'script' for EMC2? If so, I haven't been able to find it.

Suggestions on where to look?

Capacitor clarification

You menitoned that you may need to connect a 0.10uf capacitor between the I/O pin and the ground. Can you let me know how you would know this or should it just be done in advance?? Can any damage be done if you don't have one and needed one or vise versa???
    This tool is exactly what I need, very new to this, just started getting used to my new table and find that resetting the home position and getting it exact is difficult if not almost impossible.
    I new something like this must exist, glad I found it so fast and it looks really easy to build.
    Thanks again.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbach View Post
    You menitoned that you may need to connect a 0.10uf capacitor between the I/O pin and the ground. Can you let me know how you would know this or should it just be done in advance?? Can any damage be done if you don't have one and needed one or vise versa???
    This tool is exactly what I need, very new to this, just started getting used to my new table and find that resetting the home position and getting it exact is difficult if not almost impossible.
    I new something like this must exist, glad I found it so fast and it looks really easy to build.
    Thanks again.
    Randy
    The capacitor is to suppress noise giving false signals. If you don't get extraneous triggers then you don't need it.

Every electrical hook up is different so there is no one solution fits all.

On my setup I need a pullup resistor on the input. Some will need a capacitor. Some won't need anything.

Others won't be able to do this with a simple input hookup at all because the BoB pulls all inputs low.

Greg

Page 9 of 32 789101119