586,106 active members*
2,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

router mounts design

I’m designing a set of router mounts, to work with the Porter-Cable 69X, 89X, and 751X series routers, after I finish them I’m going to post a copy in the download section.

I know the motor casings are 3.5” in diameter but I need to make sure I leave enough space, so the head clears the mounting plate. Can anyone tell me what the maximum diameters of these models are?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    Dan Sherman

I have no idea on the distance you require, but I do have a quick tip! Check your distance between the rear bracket mounting holes, and the joining holes on each side so there is enough clearance to get a decent size allen key in there. I have a similar bracket on my machine, and the allen key is a tight fit - possibly too tight.
    Hope it helps
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

For starters, the 7518 has a 4" D body. The 690 and 890 are 3.5".

I just measured them all, and they'll all fit with a 1/2" clearance but if you need to mount them at a different angle, they all may need up to 1". The 892 maybe a little less.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ok, I got another question. If I upload this zip file to the download section can I go back and change it? Because I think I might want to add a g code file to it later.

The zip file contains a dwg, dxf, and a readme. The smallest radius is 0.25” so they can be milled with end mills up to 0.5” in diameter. The mounting holes are sized for standard #10-32 allen bolts.

Kong:
    As the files are now, there is 1.75” of clearance. If you need more clearance than that you must have some big wrenches.

Ger21:
    Thanks for the info. I have 15/16” of clearance, so I think I’m good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dan Sherman

Email me the DXF when you're ready and I'll cut them. 1/2 thick right?
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

CF

What e-mail address do you want me to send them to? You can pm me if you don’t want to give out your e-mail address to the public.
    Dan Sherman

My business email is [email protected]
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.