586,331 active members*
4,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Unknown surface grinder in need of tlc

hey everyone,

as i am usually good at reverse engineering any machinery, a friend of mine came to ask my help on repairing the feed speed rate on his surface grinder. Never having played in one before i tried to find more information on the machine, but all parts and tags have been sanded down to have a nice water-soluble paint applied.. like this will last long!

More detail. the x feed rate is adjusted by a small lever arm on the apron, and rotating it around will bring 2 sweet spot where it crawls around. He tried to adjust the speed of his hydraulic pump in the base, and got a marginaly better speed increase, but this came from 100psi and bumping it up to 140psi! Not good. Now i have to figure out the guts and innards of the new beast sitting in front of me.

Can anyone point me either in the direction of a few schematics or better yet figure out the type of machine it is?

thanks everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09-04-08_1846.jpg   09-04-08_1847.jpg   09-04-08_1848.jpg  

Ive seen the insignia on the front panel somewhere before... might be Sven Jakobsen from Denmark, could be Kirloskar from India, or might be a Russian
    I would strip down the hydraulic valves & give a good cleanout, clean out the hydraulic tank of all grinding grit etc, new hydraulic oil etc. If a spool is dirty & sticking it wont shift properly. On some machines the grinding dust will drop down the back of the table & somehow get into the tank IF the tank sits INside the mc base

this is what i guess i will have to do. Although i prefer to have a manual this time i will be going in blind. Good thing i can reverse engineer anything somewhat easily.

The oil tank is inside the base; i had assume they would have made the tank and valve seamless. With your pointer i can see where the problem might be, i will take it apart this weekend and see what i can make of it.

thank-you!

would anyone happen to have a schematic of a similar surface grinder?

Try and google" ELB-Schliff Werkzeugmaschinen", Germany. The Logo looks the same. Juergenwt