586,102 active members*
2,415 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak M2 control

Got back to my VQC 2040 today,first time this year.Had done a lot of work to it last year and had the control and drives sorted out with minor problems still to fix on lube systems and coolant.
    Replaced all the backup batteries and powered up.Screen comes on but nothing on it.Looked at LEDS on boards and have the following:-
    FX31-MCUAL led on
    FX06- FB1,2,3 and 4 on.DV1,2,3 and 4 on.
    FX 784.8-PE1 and PE2 on
    FX715-IT and RDY on but not flashing as normal.
    Checked power supply voltages and all ok.All battery leds are off.Have tried re-initialising by setting S2 dip switch on and powering off and on,makes no difference.
    Anyone got any ideas.If I ask Mits UK they will refer me to Germany and they will refer me to Mazak.I am still waiting on a reply to the last email I sent to Mits service USA last year so that`s out also.

Mark.

Mark,

I have sent you an e-mail on this. Let me know how it works out.

Nate

Mazatrol M2

Hi, I have the same problem that Mark in my Mazak VQC 15/40.

FX31-MCUAL led on
    FX15-ALARM and RDY leds on.

Checked power supply voltages and all ok.All battery leds are off.Have tried re-initialising by setting S2 dip switch on and powering off and on,makes no difference.

Can you help me please??

Thanks.

Re-initializing of the control

Morning;

You should have one of the following boards. (FX 01 or FX 701)
    Find this board and power off machine and pull board out just enough to get to the switches. Turn dip switch 2 off. Reinsert the board and power the machine and control back up.
    Check lamps MCUAL and WDAL , these normally do lit up. If they are on power off and on several times until they no longer are on. Once led go out power off control and without pulling the FX 01 or 701 board back out turn dip switch 2 back to the on position.
    Check the following dip switch position prior to turning the control back on... Dip switch 1 and 8 in the off position and 2 through 7 in the on position.
    Power control up and the screen should come up. Load parameter either by hand or if you have them back up then punch in several pages first by hand then load up using any other means.

Hope this Helps.

Larry (MTSS)

Re-initializing

Hi MTSS:
    I have re-initializing in FX01 but no difference.

Can you tell me another solution please??

Thanks.

M2 Control

Hi There;

Try doing the following. Re-seat all boards and cables. Then Re-intialize again.
    If this does not correct the problem then you may have failure on the e-prom or major problems with the Control unit itself.
    Chance are you may end up haiving to either send the entire unit to Mitsubishi for repairs. Have seen in several controls when the control would not re-intaialize that there could be problems on the Fx 01 Board and also found in some machines that the software (Eprom is corrupted).
    Looking at the LEDs you posted that were on tells me that you have Parity Alarms and Watch Dog alarms on the control. You could also check each jumper connector on all the boards. You must have the control jumper layouts in order to verified the jumper position on each of the boards on the control.
    Since you have tried to re-intialize several times without any luck I suspect that the problem could be the FX 01 board. I have found it cheaper to send the entire unit out for testing than to order and replace boards after boards.
    If you have reintaialize the control and the LED never go out as I posted in first reply then there could be issues with the boards that the LEDs are on.
    Wish I could have been more help with your problem.

Larry (MTSS)

Hi:
    I try to re-initialize the control, but it´s impossible.

I have this leds on:
    FX31-MCUAL led on
    FX15-ALARM and RDY leds on.

Can you tell me another solution please??

Thanks and best regards.

Try This

Hi Again;

I talked with a friend of mine that works with Mitsubishi. He even agrees with me that there are issues with your control as far as not being able to re-intializing the control.
    He stated that you could try removing all the cables from your FX 06 board and see if you can re-intialize the control. If you can re-initalize the control with the cables removed from the FX06 then your problem could be the Servos or the spindle controller. We are not certain if this will work but you never know.
    Still chances are that the control will have to be sent out for repairs. Will be hard to find certain boards for your control.

Larry (MTSS)
    PS let me know if this works..