586,745 active members*
6,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > How Do I create the G-Code?

How Do I create the G-Code?

I'm pretty new at this - trying to figure out how to get from start to finish with Dolphin. I created a CAD drawing, went into CAM with it, created my tool and defined my toolpaths, etc. Now how do I get from here to something I can load into Mach3?

I have a sieg X2 bench mill and the controller is from Kelin - not sure if that effects it? I thought you just executed a post processor but I am unclear as to the difference between PPR files and PPX files and how I actually go about doing it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    Kevin

A little help

Hi Kevin,

.PPR stands for PartMaster Post Processor. Post-processors are used by the PartMaster CAM system and Wire EDM system to convert CNC programs in PartMaster’s internal format into programs that can be executed on a CNC machine tool. Typically the Postprocessor converts the data and machining instructions in a .CNC file into a .PUN file which is then sent to the machine tool.

A PPX file is a compiled version of a PPR file. It is created using the Post-processor editor DPOST.EXE.

If you have everything ready to run and machine, you can animiate your part first by clicking the animate icon on the top toolbar menu. Then once you have indented that, click on run. You will see a visual animaition. I prefer to watch in an isometric view.

Once you have done so, go up to "execute", then "post process".

Find the post that you would like to use.

Let me know if this helps.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support