586,075 active members*
4,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Creating tool paths

Creating tool paths

I have a very general question about Mastercam X2. How do you go about creating tools paths from a solid model? The parts in question will be machined on a 3-axis VMC, so it should be fairly straight forward job.

I am using Solidworks to create the solid models which I saved as a parasolid. I then open the files in Mastercam and go from there. The problem is this is litterally my first day using Mastercam and would love to hear any tips, shortcuts or advice you may have.

I have plenty of references to use, tutorial videos and books, but this is a job that needs to be finished as soon as possible. If this can't happen or is unrealistic we will look for someone to convert the files to code for us and I will work on learning Mastercam on a job that is not such a rush. (I work for a shop that is new to CNC and we are working on limited man power and a tight budget).

As for my CNC backround I have used only the 3-axis VMC mentioned earlier and have only generated code long hand up to this point using Quick Link.

If you have a question that would help you better understand my position or goal please ask. Thanks for any tips you can suggest, Mike

were is the file so I put you in the right direction. if I write the hole program then I have to charge like I do all my customers. but to help and get you going I am good for this. please review allot of my last posts as you find helpful videos .
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thank you for the quick reply and the offer to do the programming for us. I will talk to my employer in the morning and get back to you. I will also look through your previous posts for some examples of your work.

I am still open to advice for future jobs.

Thanks again, Mike

Pmed cadcam

And he emailed back and I see you a PM
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .