586,061 active members*
4,534 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Request for Quote - machined parts

Request for Quote - machined parts

Hello! (first post) I am attaching a DXF (and a PDF) of a part I need for an architectural model I am building. This is a personal (not a business) project. As it states on the drawing I need eight good pieces made, I do not care how they are produced, or the specific metal used (I was thinking brass?), only that they are reasonably accurate - again the drawing should be self-explanatory. Thanks for looking! (and quoting)...
    Attached Files Attached Files

There is another sub-forum for this, but you may also want to consider mfgquote.com

Quote Originally Posted by cnczoner View Post
    There is another sub-forum for this, but you may also want to consider mfgquote.com
    please don't promote those RFQ whores(mfg). May I reccomend rfqwork.com which I believe is affiliated with cnczone.com which also has a RFQ section.

I know that they've gotten pricey (for the service providers), and domestic shops are finding it tough to compete with a lot of the asian companies on there now, but I'm not sure what the "RFQ whores" are about. Please enlighten me.

BTW, there is also "first index", but those are a really clueless bunch.

I know that they've gotten pricey (for the service providers), and domestic shops are finding it tough to compete with a lot of the asian companies on there now, but I'm not sure what the "RFQ whores" are about. Please enlighten me.

BTW, there is also "first index", but those are a really clueless bunch.
    They just take your money and screw you, get it? That compay is just a joke. I haven't heard one LIGITIMATE claim of even recovering the cost of thier "service", use of thier website. They talk a good game! Promise you the world, tell you whatever you want to hear, then they take your money and you figure out what Mitch Free is all about. I'd still like to meet him in person.

Ahhh... I never was a service provider on there, so I never saw that side. A number of the suppliers I had used, left them and told me about the high (and increasing) costs, but that's all I heard. As a buyer though, they had email notification issues and their clueless support folks kept brushing off the issue by telling me that it was my browser. But I wasn't paying for their service so I just accepted the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mc-motorsports View Post
    They just take your money and screw you, get it? That compay is just a joke. I haven't heard one LIGITIMATE claim of even recovering the cost of thier "service", use of thier website. They talk a good game! Promise you the world, tell you whatever you want to hear, then they take your money and you figure out what Mitch Free is all about. I'd still like to meet him in person.
    BTW, this sounds like Bobcad. Tons of promises, and then after purchasing their support says that "crashing is an expected behaviour". Grrr!

BTW, this sounds like Bobcad. Tons of promises, and then after purchasing their support says that "crashing is an expected behaviour". Grrr!
    I use Rhino, same thing, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! The more complicated the drawings get, the more likely it will crash! One thing for sure is I have a MUCH better chance on my 3.6g processer computer than my 2 gig. I prefer the 2 gig because it's mine and everyone knows it. The 3.6 ghz is fair game and who knows what my partner downloaded from the internet yesterday.